Blue Dollar 2013 Projections .... Blue Sky...!!

Does this law apply to the general public making private transactions? I thought this was specific to the practice of changing money for profit - making the activities of the cueva illegal, but not those who use them.

That was my understanding too.

Does this law apply to the general public making private transactions? I thought this was specific to the practice of changing money for profit - making the activities of the cueva illegal, but not those who use them.

It does apply to general public: http://legales.iprofesional.com/notas/144302-Ataque-frontal-al-blue-expertos-explican-qu-penalidad-le-cabe-a-un-particular-que-es-detectado-in-fraganti-en-una-cueva

Thanks for posting this, interesting article.

I'm still a little confused on this though. Whilst its clear that the government is against the blue dollar, and AFIP have good reason to want to investigate unsanctioned currency exchanges I was given pretty clear advice from an accountant that private currency exchanges between individuals fell within the scope of the law.

I don't want AFIP crawling up my backside, but they're an organisation under political control and the fact that they're against something doesn't necessarily imply that its illegal.

I'd be interested to know that if you could be prosecuted and punished in a court of law for exchange dollars for pesos outside of a recognized institution.

Blue dollar is raising quite quickly today... 6.62 lately. 6.70 soon... will 7 be reached by the end of the year?

I think that this perceived jealousy of foreigners is not really all that different from the norm for the last several years. People get jealous everywhere of what other people have in every culture. It's just that Argentines that come from the middle class have an expectation that they should be able to live like people in developed countries (a legitimate desire, I think), and when they are struggling to get by, and see foreigners getting stuff easier than them, it angers them, as well as it should. Also, I think most people understand that if they were in our situation, they would take advantage of the same thing. I think different people allow this to affect them in different ways...some just shrug it off and try not to judge you, while others succumb to their emotions and think you should be beaten and put in stocks. I've experienced both things from friends in Argentina, and I've seen the look of jealousy in people's eyes very often. I'm not really rich by US standards, but I do own an apartment and a car. To be honest, I've lived in several places, and I think that Argentines have a tendency to get extra envious about those that have more than them. Often, there is a perceived undercurrent that no one who is better off did it legally or honestly. BUT I think that on the whole, you can find plenty of people who know in their head that you are not an evil person if you have achieved some sort of prosperity. There may be some feelings of jealousy, but those also could just be anger at the situation their society has placed them in, and perhaps not direct anger at you. I feel like I've read a lot of unreasonable comments on here, almost as if Argentines are irrational and want to punish foreigners. There are definitely some of those people, but I do not see that as the common person.

As far as how people that live in a Villa think about that, I have no idea. I have met and even made some friends with people that live in Villas, but I have never dared have a direct conversation with them about it. I haven't ever been able to observe how people look at wealth that live in those kinds of situations either, and I'm a bit untrustworthy of people's comments from the middle class about the poor (i.e., poor people always think of themselves as victims). I imagine that they mostly carry some of the same feelings about the matter with them as everyone else, except perhaps with an extra dose of despair.

My recommendation to everyone is to try not and flaunt the things you have. You don't have to hide them, but don't be boneheaded about it either. When you buy a new computer and bring it from the US, don't mention it or bring it up. Don't talk about how much money you're making. Try to avoid appearing as extra wealthy, and make it clear to people that you will not be cheated just because you are a foreigner. I don't know. I have lived here 7 years, and I'm still learning. And have some mercy on these people. If you were in their situation, you would think it stinks, too!

The 2013 year includes a projected PBI growth of 4.4 percent, an inflation rate of 10.8 percent and an average value of 5.10 pesos dollar

The green eyed monster is in most people,just sold a property and I see the difference in attitude of some people who aren't in the best of financial situations.Only to be expected but I am not rich by any stretch of the imagination,just not strapped!

My recommendation to everyone is to try not and flaunt the things you have. You don't have to hide them, but don't be boneheaded about it either. When you buy a new computer and bring it from the US, don't mention it or bring it up. Don't talk about how much money you're making.

This is great advice for life and just good manners...I cannot fathom people you may meet at a party, work events etc (not Argentineans btw) who barely know your name, ask you what you do, where you live, what car you drive...as if those material things are what defines you. It's only a short step to asking to see your bank statement to make sure you're "worth" knowing..and I say this as someone who lovers her toys, handbags materials goods etc but I don't define myself by how rich I am and people who do are a*****s in any country or culture..IMHO..

The 2013 year includes a projected PBI growth of 4.4 percent, an inflation rate of 10.8 percent and an average value of 5.10 pesos dollar

Amazing math if dollar starts 2013 at almost $5 pesos, then will end 2013 at $5.? to give a yearly average of $5,10 pesos... jajajajaj
Blue Rate will open 2013 at $7 pesos, ays my crystal ball :D

My crystal ball tells me the exchange rate will go a bit lower during January (then will start again to raise the following months)

Back