Blue Dollar Going Down Very Quickly

lamarque

Registered
Anyone have an idea of why the blue dollars has go down so quickly from 8 to 7,6 in 2 days?

Anyone have an idea of why the blue dollars has go down so quickly from 8 to 7,6 in 2 days?
Maybe it's because with the announced price controls their will be less demand for dollars to buy foreign goods to stock supermarket shelves.

my question was if something that i'm not aware of happen to cause a so suddent drop on the value of the blue dollar

Most people back from holidays? 2nd quincena of january is always when most people take holidays... so maybe demand dropped sharply over the weekend

The K friendly capitalists started to sell to push rate below $8. Not to worry by year end 2013 will be above $9 :cool:

The K friendly CRONIES started to sell to push rate below $8. Not to worry by year end 2013 will be above $9 :cool:

Fixed it for you.

Reaching 8 so fast felt like a spike, the consequent drop in value seemed more a correction than the beginning of a downward trend. I'd expect it to keep increasing as demand increases and supply becomes increasingly restricted.

It never actually reached 8 for normal people who were changing less than ten thousand US at a time- 7.8 or so was the highest I heard of.
But its true- vacation season is ending, and the annual January surge in demand for dollars by vacationing argentines is about over.
Its really simple supply and demand, and demand is starting to ebb, as people go back to work.

Back