Blue Dollar: Peso has devalued 22% over the last 30 days

starlucia said:
Patrick Newton, would you mind sharing where you exchanged for 6? I'll need to sell some dollars early next week. Thanks.

I'd love to know too. I got $5.70 today and thought that was pretty good.

Is anyone selling dollars? I would like to buy some a reasonable price :)

Does anybody know what the limit of dollars is to travel to Argentina by plane? Still 10'000 US or was that restricted as well?

scaccomatto said:
Does anybody know what the limit of dollars is to travel to Argentina by plane? Still 10'000 US or was that restricted as well?

Yes, you can still bring in up to $10,000 US for each person. But plenty of people are bringing in more and just not declaring it. Surprisingly $10,000 US doesn't take up much space with $100 bills.

Im wondering then why people dont travel to other countries to sell the peso for an official rate and sell sell the dollars for the blue rate? If you do this with 10'000 USD that gives you a 1'000 USD each trip. What Im not sure is how easy it is to sell the peso abroad ;)

scaccomatto said:
Im wondering then why people dont travel to other countries to sell the peso for an official rate and sell sell the dollars for the blue rate? If you do this with 10'000 USD that gives you a 1'000 USD each trip. What Im not sure is how easy it is to sell the peso abroad ;)

Because there is NO market for the Argentine Peso outside of Argentina. No one would even think about accepting or buying pesos. It's a worthless currency outside of Argentina. More so now more than ever.

I remember that I sold Pesos in Europe in a bank for a good rate in January. Maybe they wouldn't change if you come with a 60'000 Pesos ;)

We sold some today in a cueva, first thing in the morning at 5.90.
We have a crystal ball locked away that only we can see.

cueva? 5:9? Please send me a pm with theinfo.
Argentine needs a dollat at 10 pesos, its means 100 per cent of the dollar rise but having 20 per cent of inflationn. That would be healthy for economy.
Regards

Back