Blue dollar rate

If I may Express a different pervasive viewpoint .

The Blue dollar will always be higher BECAUSE it's where the Black Money/undeclared is handled without leaving a track record for AFIP. Would be Suicidal to buy dollars at $90 Through official Channels .. Not Patriotic... LOL
It’s true it’s almost always higher, but rewind a few short years ago and the difference was only 1-2% higher than the official - and the market for it was exactly for those reasons. But for expats like us it was just easier to use official channels and even foreign credit and debit cards without feeling like we were missing out on much.

There seem several who are very familiar with cryptocurrency, and I want to ask few questions.
Is Bitcoin traded at Blue rate? Where do I find a current rate? Most seems to show just official dolar rate converted to peso. For example, Garbarino Viajes accept Bitcoin but only at official rate.
For those without DNI or local account, Bitcoin ATM by athenabitcoin.com.ar or even some Cuevas can be used to cash in pesos?

Bitcoin is usually traded around the contado con liqui price. This link I posted before - https://coinmonitor.info/ , shows the current price on all the Argentine exchanges. To sell it is around the 120s now.

I'm sure there are some cuevas that take bitcoin, but I don't know which ones.

At this time I can still transfer at about 120 from WU. This is ultimately the easiest bit I will continue to monitor the bitcoin options and have them in my back pocket.

It’s true it’s almost always higher, but rewind a few short years ago and the difference was only 1-2% higher than the official - and the market for it was exactly for those reasons. But for expats like us it was just easier to use official channels and even foreign credit and debit cards without feeling like we were missing out on much.

Maybe, but us expats constitute a fraction of the Blue dollar volume. The Local tax evaders are perhaps the bulk of the traders..

Back