Blue Dollar with AirBnb Host

oddDistribution

Registered
I assume Airbnb uses the official exchange rate (?) Has anyone successfully stayed at a place for a time then switched to a lower price off the platform to use blue dollar? Did it work out for you?

I think you would need to find a way to contact the Airbnb host and get them agree to rent it to you outside of the platform for cash?

This would obviously mean you don't have the (limited) protection that Airbnb offers guests of course

I think you would need to find a way to contact the Airbnb host and get them agree to rent it to you outside of the platform for cash?

This would obviously mean you don't have the (limited) protection that Airbnb offers guests of course
From lots of experience.....about looking for long-term Airbnbs....in most cases first send a message before you rent telling your intentions.
Usually, owners will NOT make any type of long-term commitment until AFTER they have had you in the place and probably met you. So you will be in the dark until you have moved. But...usually, they will be glad about your interest in staying (not always). From there most will be happy to go 'off Airbnb'....but owners are not predictable and can easily surprise you with goofy deals. And this is Argentina so your previous AB experiences will have been different. All in all....NOT fun.

And in my opinion...going off the site.....it is the owner who loses the most protection....not the renter.

Back