Blue dollar blues.....

on the brink

Registered
Instead of going up, as widely predicted, it is going down.

On the other hand, local prices are going ballistic. Woe is me...!

Instead of going up, as widely predicted, it is going down.

On the other hand, local prices are going ballistic. Woe is me...!
WU rate seems roughly the same as when I withdrew about a week ago. Haven’t seen any noticeable price rises other than at the petrol pumps. Am I missing something?

For a while the prices in dollars will go up.....same as in 1998 . Hang in there..!

Don't came back until April..!
Hoping there’s a missing /s haha. In any case it’ll be cheaper than London and this time round I’m going to give it a go living outside of CABA. I’ve got a bit bored of San Telmo and want to try south of CABA

I’m heading back to Europe next week and returning here in January. Should I be worried?
Well that depends?

Do you only get by here because you've been taking advantage of the brecha?
Or do you enjoy a very high standard of living also because you've been taking advantage of the brecha?

If it's the former you should be worried.

If it's the latter you should also be worried if enjoying a very high standard of living is important to you.

You might have to knock the Cohiba Siglo VI on the head for a bit :)

Well that depends?

Do you only get by here because you've been taking advantage of the brecha?
Or do you enjoy a very high standard of living also because you've been taking advantage of the brecha?

If it's the former you should be worried.

If it's the latter you should also be worried if enjoying a very high standard of living is important to you.

You might have to knock the Cohiba Siglo VI on the head for a bit :)
My partner is Argentinian, I get by very well here and hugely better than in London. Losing half of my purchasing power would bite but wouldn’t avert me from being here by any means.

The main thing though is that when I return I may seek to stay here long term so I hope that this won’t bite me substantially if I, say, try to relocate here and buy an apartment

Back