Boliches for dancing

Laura, welcome! I am also from Seattle and also lived and worked in Valpo/Vina so we are cut from the same mold it would seem.

There are so many boliches to choose from it's not even funny. If you want to go dancing some time send me a PM. Here are a few ideas to get you started.

Mint. It's expensive to get in but there are usually lists to get in for free, and it is a trip. It's near the Jorge Newberry airport, plays all the music you describe, and has a huge outdoor space for cooling off and watching the sunrise.

Bahrein has a great vibe, different floors/rooms with different music. Their website seems to be broken at the moment.

On Wednesdays, Operatown has an 'after' which is like a happy hour that starts at 7, goes until late, and plays your kind of beats. Be sure to put your name on the list. Shamrock also has one on Wednesdays, I think, which is a little more electronic-oriented. Also note that although Shamrock is hoppin just about every day of the week, it's in the heart of Recoleta and therefore filled with English speakers if you're trying to avoid that crowd.

I seem to remember really liking Wet (top 40 and cumbia I think) but I haven't been there in over a year.

On Thursdays, Niceto Club has a party called Zizek that's supposed to be great.

On her blog, Amy describes a place called Sabbia in Barrio Norte that sounds like it's worth checking out.

In general, just about any club you go to tiene lo suyo. The key is to always find out if there is a list and if so, get on it! If you're a woman there's really no good reason to pay to get into a club here, or at least not full price.

Again, welcome!

i too am from seattle, is there enough of us to start a sleepless from seattle club?

Maybe what you are looking for are the smaller places like Liquid, El Burgues, Gallery, Dubai, D´Yaboo (yes, it spells like that!), and Maria Maria. There is also a disco somewhere in Paseo del Sol.*.

This places are intended for young people - I would risk up to 25/27 from "el interior" (the provinces) who like to dance cumbia and Reggaeton.

As I don´t belong to that category maybe my info needs some updating but at least is a start.

* the addresses can be found in google, but are in the Palermo/Barrio Norte area

Madagascar is a gem for reggaeton and cheap drinks pretty much everynight of the week. It's in plaza serrano. Starts 12ish.

If you want a truly authentic local experience playing that sort of music i would suggest club 947 in San Telmo, it's on Chacabuco 947.

Can't recommend it highly enough if you are after that sort of experience. Saturday nights are the best and I think Ladies get free entry before 2.00am

Laros said:
If you want a truly authentic local experience playing that sort of music i would suggest club 947 in San Telmo, it's on Chacabuco 947.

Can't recommend it highly enough if you are after that sort of experience. Saturday nights are the best and I think Ladies get free entry before 2.00am

this place is invisible during the day, so you have to come at night to find it

lindyhopper said:
I`m Laura, from Seattle, and wonder if anyone has reccommendations for Boliches on the weekend. I prefer non-touristy and non-faux-chique or faux-european or whatever. I just want somewhere that plays a lot of cumbia and reggaeton where I can dance a lot, but that is not too sketchy either. I don`t know if anyone is familiar with Vina del Mar and Valparaiso (the twin cities of Chile), but when I lived there I frequented Scratch, Huevo, and Stingray. Anything that compares would be awesome!

im not going this friday, but perhaps we could meet there on the 27th:

La fiesta reggae de Buenos Aires está en el Abasto. Una fiesta diferente con gente distinta y una música única. Formá parte de un ritual único en la ciudad porteña Lo mejor del reggae en todos sus géneros: roots, dub, ska, dancehall, los clásicos, esos temas olvidados y aquellos que nunca escuchaste. Lo mejor de lo mejor para bailar toda la noche sin parar, de la mano de Dj Traska. Sorpresas, shows, regalos bajoneros y mucho más. Te esperamos todos los viernes de Noviembre (MES DESPEDIDA), a partir de la medianoche, en Uniclub, Guardia Vieja 3360, Ciudad de Buenos Aires para bailar hasta la madrugada.

Back