Bolivia Tourist Visa From Ba

I was in Bolivia about a month ago and didn't apply for a tourist visa in advance. Everything was taken care of at the airport, upon arrival in Santa Cruz.

I was in Bolivia about a month ago and didn't apply for a tourist visa in advance. Everything was taken care of at the airport, upon arrival in Santa Cruz.

Americans need a visa BEFORE entering Bolivia. We're lucky President Morales hasn't banned us after that plane fiasco in Europe.

Here's the embassy info ... I think it's $150US, but verify with them.
[indent=1.5] Address: Bolivian Embassy Av. Corrientes Piso Buenos Aires Argentina Phone: (+54) (11) 43941463 Fax: (+54) (11) 52171070 Website: www.embajadadebolivia.com.ar Email: [email protected] ; [email protected] Office hours: 09:00 a 13:00 y de 15:00 a 18:30 [/indent]

Americans need a visa BEFORE entering Bolivia. We're lucky President Morales hasn't banned us after that plane fiasco in Europe.

Here's the embassy info ... I think it's $150US, but verify with them.
5] Address: Bolivian Embassy Av. Corrientes Piso Buenos Aires Argentina Phone: (+54) (11) 43941463 Fax: (+54) (11) 52171070 Website: www.embajadadebolivia.com.ar Email: [email protected] ; [email protected] Office hours: 09:00 a 13:00 y de 15:00 a 18:30

Normally for visa application you need to show air tickets.
But since I will be travelling by road from Salta, will that make things difficult?

Sorry! I had no idea that Americans needed a visa-- I'm Canadian and I just waltzed right through the whole process in the airport, about a month ago.

That is what I thought before going to bolivia as well. Thats what it said on official looking internet pages but I didn't have time for the visa here (planed trip on saturday, left on monday) and had read on numerous forums that you could do the following

and thats what happened, filled out the paperwork and paid the visa fee (in USD, cash) and got the visa in my passport.

Was the visa $150 USD? I don't remember paying anything close to that.

Actually, I don't remember paying anything at all...

i went overland from peru into bolivia in 2011. i had to pay it on the border. they do all the paperwork there, very fast, only 1 extra line to wait in. was $135 at the time but has probably gone up since then since I think it's reciprocal. I don't imagine it has changed for Americans and needs to be pre-arranged like Brazil and Paraguay, but I could be wrong.

I just checked-- Canadians don't need a visa, US citizens do. It's $160 USD.

i went overland from peru into bolivia in 2011. i had to pay it on the border. they do all the paperwork there, very fast, only 1 extra line to wait in. was $135 at the time but has probably gone up since then since I think it's reciprocal. I don't imagine it has changed for Americans and needs to be pre-arranged like Brazil and Paraguay, but I could be wrong.

What documents were needed for visa at border?

Back