Bolivia Visa Us Citizen

Xeneizes

Registered
Hi, I am a US citizen living here and planning to visit there with my US friend who's flying down in 2 weeks, crossing by land from Argentina. I've read that you can pay the reciprocity fee at the border, and I'm planning on looking into this more, but I wanted to get a sense if anyone know the correct steps to ensure we have a smooth border crossing

Thanks for any input!

Search. There have been a bunch of threads about this recently. You don't need the visa before hand.

its not a reciprocity fee like chile and arg, its an actual visa like Brazil. But unlike Brazil you can get it on the spot, requires 20-30 minutes extra at the border because u fill it out and wait in line again, but certainly faster to do it that way then going to the embassy here. no worries!!!

Thanks everyone. I know there are threads on it but I appreciate the responses. What about the "mandatory" yellow fever vaccination? Should I worry about getting that done for legal purposes? I'm not worried about getting sick because we're just going to Uyuni

I went last year by land from Perú. It doesn't take that long actually, I think they gave it to me in like 15 minutes. You have to take $160 cash USD, and the bills can't be bent or marked at all! They have to be in perfect condition. They gave me back a $20 bill that had a mark on it but luckily a friend had an extra one. I would bring extra cash in case they reject some of the bills because they aren't in good enough condition. ALSO, you must have the Yellow Fever vaccine and you have to have the yellow card that shows you have it, signed by the doctor that gave it to you. You can get this for free at the Ministry of Health in Buenos Aires.

Thanks everyone. I know there are threads on it but I appreciate the responses. What about the "mandatory" yellow fever vaccination? Should I worry about getting that done for legal purposes? I'm not worried about getting sick because we're just going to Uyuni

Yes you should worry about it. If you don't show it to them, you will NOT get the visa to enter the country.

Well at the crossing from Peru I was definitely asked for mine. I wouldn't risk it.

Where is the best place to go and do it? We leave Friday the 20th...do I have enough time? I have OSDE 210. Do I go to a doctor or a pharmacy? Any help would be appreciated.

I crossed from Peru too between Puno and Copacabana and they never asked for it (after I spent $110 on it in the states- and it hurt too!!). Still, it's a risk to go without it just in case they ask.

Back