Bolsonaro: we don't need another Venezuela south of us

Did you not see what G20 protesters did in Hamburg? They destroyed part of the city. Did you not see what protesters here did to the Plaza del congreso when the Congress was voting controversial legislation? They desyroyed the Plaza. What was Macri suppose to do, wait and let that happen in BA during the G20? Because that show of force was displayed, there weren't major incidents.

The Argentines I know are actually glad that Macri and Bullrich are enforcing laws, such as that you cannot block streets during a protest. When the police act in that kind of situation, they are not been "repressive" as the Kirchneristas will tell you, they are doing their job.

Their has been more violence, but it has in large part been caused by Kirchneristas and far left wingers; they are power hungry and will do anything to return to power. They are the responsible ones.
Sorry, I do not know enough about this at all. I have too little experiences from the Kirchners, My memories of the time was more happy. I am just not used to see tanks on the street and I was in chok. I tried to cancel this message, but it was not possible.

BOPE is an acronym. it stands for Batalhao de OPeracoes Especias (Special Operations Battalion). Every major police dept. in Brazil has a BOPE or something similar. It is the equivalent of the America SWAT.
There are 11 distinct and independent BOPEs in Brazil, with varying reputations for brutality. So which BOPE did he hire? Do you have any evidence that he hired a BOPE team? If so, I would like to see it.
Sorry, I read this in the paper. I know too little about these things and I tried to cancel my post, but it was not possible. It was just a chok, seeing the tanks on Avenida de Julio. The police told me, I could not be sure to get home, when I left on my bike in the morning. I will never forget it.

Back