Book Requests, mostly (FLY TONIGHT)

Nolan

Registered
I'm deciding what literature to bring down -- avoid the book crooks -- and was hoping I could get some input on the trade market. Currently I've set aside:

• Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell (in progress)
  • The Fountainhead (yaa,whatofit) - Ayn Rand (in progress)
  • In Cold Blood - Capote (in progress)
  • Franny and Zooey - Salinger (in progress)
  • Lord Jim - Joseph Conrad
  • Collected Short Stories - Huxley
  • The Moveable Feast - Hemingway
  • American Gods - Neil Gaiman

And some real classics:
  • How to do everything with: PHP & MySQL
  • HTML Quick Steps, Illustrated
---

I've got some fitzgerald, dostoevsky, turgenev, chekhov, pushkin, DH lawrence, kafka, dickens, tolkien, cs lewis, chesterton, ondaajte, atwood, blah blah.. and a lot of grisham, patterson, follett,

Plus I'm bringing down frank's red hot and tabasco. they're the only unopened ones in my house

I fly tonight, so send requests asap.

Follett? Is that Ken (thrillers and history) James (sci-fi) or Barbara (imaginative expenses claims)? Saturday is traditionally a very slow night on this forum so you might not get any specific requests but you seem to have eclectic tastes and although I'm not really part of the bookswapping coterie I'm pretty sure you'll find takers for whatever you bring. Let your baggage allowance be your guide. Oh... and ¡buen viaje!

Thankya for the well wishes, hombre.

And it's ole Kenny Follett; I grouped the three thriller dudes together, none of whom thrill me -- though I haven't read 'em in a while and books sit like milk in my mind.

Why do I always for get what I need when someone asks? lol.
Have nice trip! I wish you good movies & no screaming babies.

Tabasco? I am sure you will find something just as unauthentic and bad locally.
Trade market ? Rather than 10 kilos of books bring something to resell cough iPad cough iPhone cough..... good toilet paper....

Yeah, I hate tabasco. Someone gave it to me as a gift (fucker. the mini bottle, too) and it's still unopened. I just heard there was a lack of all things spicy and figured it a healthier kick than gasoline.

What's the markup on an iPad down there?
My parents like theirs too much to part with, but i'll be bringing in an extra asus eee - 1gb ram 120gb hard drive, can't remember the processor..

Any other recommendations?

Back