Border hopping to renew a tourist visa

Yes, it was a typo mistake.
The ininterrupted residence is abolished since 1956. You need continuous residence.
You do not need the 2 years to apply. 60% of the judges are going to freeze the case until the second year, 40% are going to process your case.
The art. 20 of the NC requires 2 years for obtaing the citizenship.
The uninterrupted 2 years of residency to solicitate means you are enable to request to authorities for 2 years. If you cannot request, then you are not a person and then you are alike a slave. This is why this was a requirement that resurrected with the totalitarian States between the 2 world wars because it was one of the requirements for healing an illegal possesion of slaves ;) during medieval ages.

I'm so glad Bajo is here to advise on Immigration issues, we are privileged to have the counsel of an expert for free...

(now that the CFK subject is mute ?) ;)

Yes, it was a typo mistake.
The ininterrupted residence is abolished since 1956. You need continuous residence.

Just want to clarify: What is the difference between "ininterrupted" and "continuous" residence?

"Ininterrupto" in Spanish translates to "uninterrupted" in English using translate.google.

To a native English speaking person (like me), two years of "uninterrupted residence" means the same thing as two years of "continuous residence" in Argentina (without leaving, even for one day). "Ininterrupto" in Spanish translates to "uninterrupted" in English using translate.google.

The uninterrupted 2 years of residency to solicitate means you are enable to request to authorities for 2 years.

It appears that this means "you" (the foreigner) are able to apply for citizenship "for two years" but my "conclusion" (and perhaps confusion) is that two years of continuous presence is required before citizenship will actually be granted.

And this:

You do not need the 2 years to apply. 60% of the judges are going to freeze the case until the second year, 40% are going to process your case. .

(obviously) means that it can be requested (applied for) before the end of the two years.

Discussions on this forum related to ARG citizenship and residency have become complex enough without the added dimention of having to decipher what the poster writes. I commend steveinbsas for undertaking the task of requesting clarification, which such preciseness, from Bajo_cero2 regarding some of his posts.

You can be denied to re entry anytime while your employer can be fined in over 10.000 usd.

For residency or citizenship the overstay makes no difference.

Citizenship can be applied without lawyer if you have 2 legal residency or with legal representation without it.

Hi Dr.Rubliar

What are the ways to Have a 2 years of legal residency, inoder to be eligible for citizenship? I am intrested to get Arg citizenship.

What are the ways to Have a 2 years of legal residency, in order to be eligible for citizenship? I am interested to get Arg citizenship.

To have 2 years of "legal residency" you must qualify for one of the temporary residencies listed in the Argentine migraciones website. If the temporary residency is granted for you year, you will have to renew it as the fist year draws to a close.

In order to renew for the second year, you will have to meet the same conditions as when you first applied, unless migraciones has made any changes to those requirements during the first year.

You can also get married to an Argentine citizen or become the parent of a child born in Argentina, but neither of those provide an absolute guarantee of receiving "legal" (and in both cases, permanent) residency.

. If the temporary residency is granted for you year, you will have to renew it as the fist year draws to a close.

This sentence should be:
If the temporary residency is granted for one year, you will have to renew it as the fist year draws to a close.

PS: You can apply for a one year renewal up to (a maximum of) sixty days prior to the one year anniversary (aka expiration date) of the residency.

Hi Dr.Rubliar

What are the ways to Have a 2 years of legal residency, inoder to be eligible for citizenship? I am intrested to get Arg citizenship.

You do not need legal residency.

Discussions on this forum related to ARG citizenship and residency have become complex enough without the added dimention of having to decipher what the poster writes. I commend steveinbsas for undertaking the task of requesting clarification, which such preciseness, from Bajo_cero2 regarding some of his posts.

Citizenship in Argentina is one of the most complex topics at Federal Courts.

The CN is based on Christian values that come from the bible, mainly from the laws of Moses because its origins are in the Kingdom of Castille where the Catholic Kings adapted the laws to the holy gospels. This explains why The law 346 has a strong hebrew influence while the procedure is germanic consequence of the French and May Revolution. The germanic procedure used to be a privilege of nobility.
Until here is very complex.
But at 1949 the CN was abolished and replaced by the Constitution of Peron that, following the point 19 of the nazi Program of Munich, erased all the catholic influence because it is Hebrew.
So, nazism was reactionary to christianity.
So, you need 2 years to get it. When they ask 2 years to apply it is germanic law abd you were unable to ask before the 2 years because you were a slave.
The uninterrupted residency plus the 2 years was a medieval requirement to clean up the illegitimate property of slaves.

Last edited:
Citizenship in Argentina is one of the most complex topics at Federal Courts.

The CN is based on Christian values that come from the bible, mainly from the laws of Moses because its origins are in the Kingdom of Castille where the Catholic Kings adapted the laws to the holy gospels. This explains why The law 346 has a strong hebrew influence while the procedure is germanic consequence of the French and May Revolution. The germanic procedure used to be a privilege of nobility.
Until here is very complex.
But at 1949 the CN was abolished and replaced by the Constitution of Peron that, following the point 19 of the nazi Program of Munich, erased all the catholic influence because it is Hebrew.
So, nazism was reactionary to christianity.
So, you need 2 years to get it. When they ask 2 years to apply it is germanic law abd you were unable to ask before the 2 years because you were a slave.
The uninterrupted residency plus the 2 years was a medieval requirement to clean up the illegitimate property of slaves.

You and Nazism I think you have some delusions about that. Just saying but check your spare rooms you never you might find one. Argentina is not following a Nazi path do your due diligence as a lawyer due diligence should be your second nature. And as a German, I find you offensive and delusional.

Back