Border hopping to renew a tourist visa


Hi, I'll be moving to Argentina in about a month. I am currently reading some of the threads on here about immigration and visas and stuff. I am wondering, since I'll be teaching English, is it generally considered illegal and/or inadvisable to border hop to renew my visa as a tourist? Will this have long-term consequences such as not being able to gain citizenship or legal status? I am wondering if someone could link to some pertinent information about these topics or give me an answer. I am worried that the advice I got from the school I obtained my TEFL certificate from is wrong. They told me it's fine to border hop. But am I missing something here? Because it seems to me like if they deny my entry into the country after I border hop once or twice even, then I'd be screwed. Am I overthinking this or are there reasons why it'd be advisable to obtain some kind of longer-term work visa? I guess the information that has been omitted by the TEFL school is why schools that hire English teachers are not willing to sponsor work visas. I am wondering where to even start with all of this. And because my flight is in a month, I am more than a little worried about this. Thanks.

Sidenote: I was also considering just taking some classes on the side so that I could qualify as a student. I was wondering if this might be an option, too.
Hi there, border hopping will increase the chances of being caught, and, therefore, to have your entry denied. Technically you can only stay as a tourist for 180 days over a year. It is not necessary to exit the country to extend your 90-day entry, you can extend it at the Immigration Department directly for another 90 days.

In order to become a Temporary Resident, if you are an American Citizen, you need a sponsorship from an employer. The employer needs to be enrolled with RENURE (Registro Nacional Unico de Requirentes Extranjeros) which is a License that companies must secure to sponsor foreigner. What I am trying to say is that, not every employer can actually employ foreigners. Once you are certain that your employer will sponsor you, you can schedule an appointment at the Immigration Department to apply for your visa, and therefore, switch your TOURISM status into a TEMPORARY RESIDENCY status.

Whomever is telling you that it´s OK to border hop, is 1) not willing to sponsor you, or 2) it not aware of the RENURE requirement. It is NOT OK to border hop.