Bottles Of Booze Coming Through Customs

Yeah, I am not so concerned about the TSA regs, I know 4-5 bottles (liter sized, larger than most bourbon bottles) is acceptable. What I want to avoid running afoul of customs here in Argentina.
Argentina Customs limit is one or two liters depending on your status

Wondering if anyone knows what the limit is for brining in booze from abroad. I got a work trip coming up soon to KY right near a few great bourbon distilleries and I was thinking of loading up my checked baggage.

Once on a trip from California to Alaska a bottle of cab in my checked luggage broke. I don't remember what the wine was worth, but I do recall having to replace about $300 worth of ruined clothing. Be very careful!

If you search for the tsa.gov blog you will find the regulations for alcohol in checked luggage. Up to 5 liter bottles of up to 70% alcohol can be checked.

I've got to say that's interesting, considering I have checked two cases of wine as luggage, and had no issues whatsoever.

But then, if the TSA told me the sky was blue, you can bet I'd check for rain.

Since 911 I have not checked that much, but as we all know it depends on who the agent is and what country you're talking about.

Back