Brand X Charger For An Ipad

bobg

Registered
My iPad barely charges when connected to my laptop, and I didn't bring the charger which came with it. (Actually it says "Not Charging" - but seems to be charging at a rate of about 2% per hour.) So I thought I'd pick one up today, but in the mall of computer places on Florida I was given a price of $650! That was for an Apple branded one. Apple is clear about the fact that not just any old USB charger will do. The Apple charger for iPads is rated at 12W.

So my questions are: Does anyone know if any 12W USB charger will work, or do I really need an Apple branded one? Is any place likely to let me try the charger in the store to verify that it is charging? Can anyone recommend a store?

Thanks, Bob

USB is a slow charge. Apple branded is BS match the specs for less $$$. The electricity is not branded. Get a wall unit.

apple charges $30 for them new in the US. I went into a CVS drugstore in the US and found them for $10. Made in China. Just like the Ipad.

i dont know about apple,but for example,sometimes,i used my cellphone charger in my kindle,and it works just fine
for cheap electronics,go to once,lots of wholesalers there,and you can buy cheaper
or try mercado libre

email these guys-
[email protected]

they sell electronics and accessories from the back of a cleaning supply store in Las Canitas- good quality, very low prices, nice people.
dont pay for a storefront rent in Recoleta.

Reactions: jp
Mercado Libre can find one from less than $100 to $200?? ..??

http://listado.mercadolibre.com.ar/cargador-ipad

Thanks for the responses. I am going to try Ries' suggestion first. I think that it will be less of a challenge to my very, very basic Spanish and a more straightforward transaction.

What, by the way, is the meaning of "pared" in so many of the listings? E.G. "Cargador Iphone Pared Original"? "Wall" doesn't seem to make sense and I couldn't find it in an online lunfardo dictionary.

Thanks again, Bob

Thanks for the responses. I am going to try Ries' suggestion first. I think that it will be less of a challenge to my very, very basic Spanish and a more straightforward transaction.

What, by the way, is the meaning of "pared" in so many of the listings? E.G. "Cargador Iphone Pared Original"? "Wall" doesn't seem to make sense and I couldn't find it in an online lunfardo dictionary.

Thanks again, Bob

Just be careful of those. I bought one over here for my android phone and it exploded, it looked identical but was probably a cheap fake copy. Personally I always use branded usb chargers. I`ve got an array of ones from HTC and Blackberry that came with phones and work fine with the Ipad.

Back