Can I bring a 30" brand new monitor without the aduana?

Fiscal

Registered
Can I bring a 30" brand new monitor in check-in luggage arriving at EZE without the aduana giving me problems?
Or will they charge me some sort of impuesto?

it will show up in their scanners, and unless you can convince them it is used, they will be looking to charge you taxes. It helps not been in the original packaging, I used pipe lagging and taped bubble wrap to the screen and put it in my suitcase (27" fitted not so sure about a 30 inch), and although they were telling me how they would inspect the screen for scratch marks and how they could identify if it was used or not, after seeing the packaging they had seen enough.

personally i did not find the arg pricing to be crazy out of line. its been a couple years but purchased a 45 in for 600.00 or there about. i payed 2000.00 for a 22 in in 2004. just paid 700.00 for a 70 in. in the US. argentina was crazy before and produces locally. on the electronics side its not worth the hassel to try to sneak through immigration. i have been stuck in immigration hell, so i haven’t been there for a year and a half. be interested to know how much a samsung 32 in is.

Everything goes through the scanner on arrival at Ezeiza.

This is purely anecdotal, I arrived in 2022 with an aftermarket catalyst worth about $700 for my car. It was very early in the morning, 6am or so, clearly before the customs people had their first mate 🧉 yet. The catalyst was packed in a box formerly belonging to an exercise bike, so they asked me if it was an exercise bike. I said no, it’s a catalyst for my car, they waved me on and I left.

My conclusion is that if you don’t want scrutiny, arrive early, or when lots of planes are arriving, or both.

I often traveled with monitor and several laptops, and never had any problems. Nothing was in original packaging of course, but also they never checked if anything was new. Monitors were always middle range, nothing terribly expensive.

personally i did not find the arg pricing to be crazy out of line. its been a couple years but purchased a 45 in for 600.00 or there about. i payed 2000.00 for a 22 in in 2004. just paid 700.00 for a 70 in. in the US. argentina was crazy before and produces locally. on the electronics side its not worth the hassel to try to sneak through immigration. i have been stuck in immigration hell, so i haven’t been there for a year and a half. be interested to know how much a samsung 32 in is.
If prices didn't drop significantly in last month, they are crazy out of the line for electronics. Double more is minimum in my opinion.

24 inch Phillips monitor I bought middle of November for 95k is now 152k. Looking for the cheapest price on mercadolibre.

In europe I would pay around 90€ for something similar so price was normal in November but that monitor is produced in Argentina, not imported.

Last edited:
I often traveled with monitor and several laptops, and never had any problems. Nothing was in original packaging of course, but also they never checked if anything was new. Monitors were always middle range, nothing terribly expensive.
Also my experience.

thanks for all. looks like prices have changed. lunar it was a smart tv.

Back