Bring in USD to Argentina

The lemon app has a method to bridge USD payments to a US virtual account to then receive USDC for a 2% commision. A minimum amount per month is required. Receive from your PayPal, payoneer, Airbnb, and others that can ACH transfer into the US account number they provide to you. Use the Lemon Visa to spend in Argentina or transfer pesos to any other CBU/CVU so looks like there is no need to convert the USDC with any other local service.

Lemon startup grew quickly through the COVID years. Created by UBA grad originally from Neuquén.

Last edited:
Can the virtual lemon account receive Zelle transfers?
If so, I would not recommend. Zelle is a terrible system that is a attempt to seem like other countries who have quick transfers from friends and family. Zelle only works if sender and receiver have US bank accounts, which means they also have ability to ACH transfer. ACH transfers are the existing system that has worked fine for many years and so is the best way to send and receive money between US bank accounts.

The lemon app has a method to bridge USD payments to a US virtual account to then receive USDC for a 2% commision. A minimum amount per month is required. Receive from your PayPal, payoneer, Airbnb, and others that can ACH transfer into the US account number they provide to you. Use the Lemon Visa to spend in Argentina or transfer pesos to any other CBU/CVU so looks like there is no need to convert the USDC with any other local service.

Lemon startup grew quickly through the COVID years. Created by UBA grad originally from Neuquén.

Does lemon need an arg dni to send pesos to an arg bank account

Does lemon need an arg dni to send pesos to an arg bank account
Yes you need Argentina DNI. Furthermore now that I have read more, even with a DNI you cannot have USA nationality. The signup form has most other countries when entering nationality. They also do specifically say National IDs from Uruguay, Colombia, Ecuador, México or Perú are allowed too for a second product called Lemon Lite. I think their primary customer is someone with Argentina nationality who needs to convert USD to ARS pesos or crypto.

Hi,
I know this is a popular topic and I've searched all the related topic on several threads. I was going to do the bond swap but the process is quite long and I have a property purchasing settlement date approaching soon. Can anyone share their recent experience with cueva or financiero, to bring in USD? Please PM me if anyone knows a reliable cueva or financiero they've used before. I really appreciate all the input and information!!!
Howdy Media,

The answer depends on your situation. Does it have to be en effectivo? Does it have to be en negro? The cueva, financiero, cyrpto is negro and buyers pay for that anonimty via commissions and transport risk.

There are plenty of sellers en blanco, you can open an argentine dollar account, you internationally wire yourself the funds. You transfer the dollars from your dollar account to the sellers dollar account. Consult your accountant regarding AFIP matters, there is a blanqueo program for $100,000 to take advantage of.

If so, I would not recommend. Zelle is a terrible system that is a attempt to seem like other countries who have quick transfers from friends and family. Zelle only works if sender and receiver have US bank accounts, which means they also have ability to ACH transfer. ACH transfers are the existing system that has worked fine for many years and so is the best way to send and receive money between US bank accounts.
I don't understand the downsides to Zelle? It's superior to ACH in every which way for a personal use case. ACH is not instant, taking multiple business days, and is reversible, often times even coming with a cost. And to make an ACH transfer, you need someones full bank account and routing numbers, obviously a security concern. Zelle is instantaneous 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, where you only need the recipients phone number, and it's totally free.

Zelle is integrated with most major banks online banking, though I'd be doubtful any neobank/virtual wallet type services would offer Zelle integration. Certainly not ones that are converting USD into a cryptocurrency format like Lemon does with USDC, they do this as they lack direct access to the US banking system.

I don't understand the downsides to Zelle? It's superior to ACH in every which way for a personal use case. ACH is not instant, taking multiple business days, and is reversible, often times even coming with a cost. And to make an ACH transfer, you need someones full bank account and routing numbers, obviously a security concern. Zelle is instantaneous 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, where you only need the recipients phone number, and it's totally free.

Zelle is integrated with most major banks online banking, though I'd be doubtful any neobank/virtual wallet type services would offer Zelle integration. Certainly not ones that are converting USD into a cryptocurrency format like Lemon does with USDC, they do this as they lack direct access to the US banking system.
The procedure to generate an ACH involves 20 steps in BoA. In one step one must provide a US cell phone

Last edited:

Well perhaps Zelle is fine for for small payments to friends and family. I always have an issue when sending to a new person, though that is off topic in this reply

Though for a case to send money to yourself, between your various accounts ACH is better. The daily limits are much higher and there is no monthly sending limit like Zelle. Also if you are receiving money from employer or other payments, ACH is the way. So for Lemon app, or similar who is following regulations, Zelle will not be allowed. Once you have setup the accounts, it is simple few step to transfer. I have used monthly with 2-5 accounts for 30+ years.

Back