Bringing In iPhones For Sale Since The New Ban

If the government gets too tight and legislation detaches from reality, the gap is what we call black market

IPhone ban is just one of dozen insane ideas of current government

I am thinking I will only bring one or two back with me...if it goes well then next time I come from the States I will bring more...aka push my luck.

I actually brought 2 3gs phones with me last trip.
I thik the key is be nonchalant. Its all good.
Granted these were used. People had asked me to get them , but they punked out when it was time to pay. I gave one away , and I have the other one in my desk drawer.
I always bring those things back that i cant find here . Mostly hardware items. I also bring back a few thinkpads that my buddy , who is a tech soehow accumulates. I prize them. I brought them both in my carry on and in my laptop case . Never had a problem, they never asked me anything more than to put all the luggage on the xray belt and that was that. Gace them a good morning , and a hava a nice day , and didnt look back

speaking of iphones, i am selling an iphone 4s, 16gb, factory unlocked, sealed for $1150 usd. i will also take pesos at a rate of 4.6

this is a very low end price when compared to mercado libre, which i have seen as high as $1500. there seems to be quite a large number of iphones for sale as many people must be having the same idea.

PM me if anybody is interested. thx!

I am flying to Montevideo and taking the Buquebus to Buenos Aires and intend to bring a couple iPhones along for resale. Has anyone done this? Am I more or less likely to get the iPhones through customs at the boat port rather than the airport?

Hi.

As per my experiencie, in buquebus they are now used to control so much.
Now the tax agency is using trained dogs for detecting dollars and euros.
These golden retrievers were not trained no detect apple products...yet.

Please enable private mesasge in user panel

I guess I'm looking for some clarity on the customs process. Are they on the lookout for smuggled goods? How close attention is paid to this? If I'm caught, what is the best way to respond? Plead ignorance? Is there a fine or must I just pay tax on goods?

How do I enable private messages? I looked in the user panel and could not find this setting. Thanks.

I seem not to have the "Private Messaging" sub-window, only "Receive Email", "Default Thread Subscription Mode", and "Subscribe to Community Newsletters."

What now?

Back