Bringing In iPhones For Sale Since The New Ban

It now appeared. Don't know why it wasn't there to begin with, but private messaging was enabled by default.

If anyone cares to share some details on the best way to bring in iPhones for resale, but would rather not disclose them publicly, please private message me.

chiguy said:
I guess I'm looking for some clarity on the customs process. Are they on the lookout for smuggled goods? How close attention is paid to this? If I'm caught, what is the best way to respond? Plead ignorance? Is there a fine or must I just pay tax on goods?

How do I enable private messages? I looked in the user panel and could not find this setting. Thanks.

The have x-ray machines coming back from Uruguay too, so it's pretty much the same as EZE. They are mainly looking for Argentines with undeclared electronics purchased abroad, so if you come in on a US passport and say you don't speak Spanish, you'll probably get much less of a hassle.

So... how'd it go? Did anyone recently bring in extra iPhones? I am thinking of doing the same in a few weeks and wanted to see how it turned out for others.

If you fly to the USA buy an iPod, iPhone, MacBook and à laptop to BA and sell it there. Also bring 9900 dollar in cash and you make approx 2000-2500 dollar. Seems like quite a lot for 20 hours of 'work'

Although I didn't have time in the end to buy iPhones for resale, my sense was that the Montevideo and Buenos Aires customs was a joke when departing/arriving via boat.

Back