bringing iPhone into argentina

We came in Monday with 4 computers, an IPad, 7 phones, routers and more. They definitely saw them, we had them all in a suitcase not hidden at all. They are tools of our trade and we were prepared to argue, but nothing.

No one agrees with me that OP would be doing the rest of us a major disservice? Why are people even bothering to help this person?

I agree Stafford. And if I were to start smuggling I wouldn't be doing it through Ezieza or any other airport.

Stafford said:
No one agrees with me that OP would be doing the rest of us a major disservice? Why are people even bothering to help this person?

I don't follow your logic. If someone decides to smuggle items into the country to sell how is that making it harder on the rest of us? You either have contraband or you don't. Are you saying you do it and don't want everyone else too, as well? :)

To the original poster: The only time I ever got hassled at EZE was when I literally brought my entire office with me in boxes from the US. Included items were a 50" flat screen tv, pc, 2 laptops, two Wii consoles, ect. I had all the receipts but wound up paying $100US because the customs guy said I was "just bringing in too much at one time."

Stafford said:

Why does this bother you so much? If it isn't morally correct in your eyes then don't do it! But don't get your party's in a Knot if someone else is. He's not killing anyone!

GS_Dirtboy said:
I don't follow your logic. If someone decides to smuggle items into the country to sell how is that making it harder on the rest of us? You either have contraband or you don't. Are you saying you do it and don't want everyone else too, as well?

No, what I am saying is that its smuggling when your intent is to bring in a lot of things to sell. If the items are legitimately for your personal use, then that's not contraband.

How is that so hard to follow?

Oh and I don't wear panties and my parties aren't in a bunch.

Stafford said:
No, what I am saying is that its smuggling when your intent is to bring in a lot of things to sell. If the items are legitimately for your personal use, then that's not contraband.

How is that so hard to follow?

Oh and I don't wear panties and my parties aren't in a bunch.

Sorry, I guess the part I missed was why you thought it was making it harder on the rest of us. Couldn't tell if it was tongue-in-cheek or a serious point.

Law of supply and demand. Even if the Argentines wanted to get these items by going to a normal ¨authorized¨ retailer today, Apple products have become practically invisible, and not everyone can afford to hop a plane to Miami to get them, this is why there is such a high demand on Mercado Libre for these things and frequent travellers/ex pats who DO travel to the States that could use some extra cash. I dont see anything wrong with it.

I don't consider bringning in 3 Iphones ¨contraband¨ as many executives I know have 2 phones, 1 personal 1 business, and say you were to bring back 1 extra, although I am sure some airport agent might argue otherwise.

I personally have never been checked.

Back