Bringing new merch into Argentina

JoeBlow

Registered
Hello,

I live in the US, have a permanent DNI, and will be visiting Buenos Aires next month. A friend is having me bring him a drone valued at $1,500 USD. Can I expect to have to pay taxes (50%?) on the value of this drone? I am assuming I'll have to declare the amount of the drone on a customs form?

Does anyone have any recent experience bringing in new merchandise into the country?

Thank you

Hello,

I live in the US, have a permanent DNI, and will be visiting Buenos Aires next month. A friend is having me bring him a drone valued at $1,500 USD. Can I expect to have to pay taxes (50%?) on the value of this drone? I am assuming I'll have to declare the amount of the drone on a customs form?

Does anyone have any recent experience bringing in new merchandise into the country?

Thank you
I arrived 2 weeks ago perm DNI..foreign passport , full of luggage, lots of electronics, not peep outta aduanas as the bags passed through xray scanner...I don't think they really check much...

I arrived 2 weeks ago perm DNI..foreign passport , full of luggage, lots of electronics, not peep outta aduanas as the bags passed through xray scanner...I don't think they really check much...
Great. Did you have to fill out a customs form stating value of what new items you were bringing in country?

Great. Did you have to fill out a customs form stating value of what new items you were bringing in country?
Yes and no one cared, I wasn't even asked for it upon leaving.

It's really hit or miss if they catch you or even care to look. They don't usually look at the customs forms.
I've been "caught" 1 out if 32 times, had a new bike in its original box. Bought it last minute and didn't think to get a different value on the receipt, which would have helped. Their valuation was spot on what I paid.
There is a chance it will cost you $600 in tax to get thru, reach an agreement with your friend prior in case you get stopped.
They had a portable credit card scanner, so my no cash excuse didn't work either.
Good luck!

I get the impression they're not as bothered now as they used to be during the reign of Queen K....she couldn't stomach people other than herself going abroad and bringing superior goods bought at half the price back into the country.

Hello,

Thank you
A friend brought two laptops with him in November last year, one of them being brand new, and nobody asked him anything. He declared what he needed to declare but nobody even asked about it.

That's about all I know about it. Hey, btw if you want to buy pesos at a decent rate when you land, PM me!

id's say it's low probability you'll get checked but it's still a gamble. i've rarely been hassled and out of the dozens of times i've passed through i've been asked for my form once i think.

i'd be prepared to pay just in case.

Back