Bsas Ranks As One Of The Smartest Cities.

nlaruccia

Registered
http://www.buenosairesherald.com/article/168416/buenos-aires-ranks-as-29th-%E2%80%98smartest-city%E2%80%99

I'm totally speechless.

First, a link to the list, which will provide the requisite grain of salt. This is anything but a ranking based on any criteria whatsoever, it's not even list of 50 cities -a few of the 50 entries list no city whatsoever, like #49: "End of Road Rage".

It's far more like a Buzzfeed-style 'listicle', basically "Here's 50 cities you may like, cool stuff. Or something", with most entries spanning all of 3 lines, and headlines like "Beyond Bier", "Swedish Synergy", "Inn and Out" (covering hotels in 3 countries), stuff like that. Whatever.

Buenos Aires ranks as 29th ‘smartest city’

Buenos Aires has been ranked 28th in a National Geographic Traveler list of the “World’s Smartest Cities,” with public wi-fi, bike-sharing programmes and the El Ateneo Grand Splendid bookstore earning laurels for the city.

It is not clear if it is ranked 29 or 28. I am surprised too, it should be ranked better. :)

I read the headline of the article in yesterday's Buenos Aires Herald ("rag"); "Buenos Aires ranks as 29th "smartest city. The first sentence reads "Buenos Aires has ranked the 28th in the........" Who? What? Pathetic.

Think of yourself as less of a journalist and more of a linkalist.

What is a linkalist? I am not a journalist or an English speaker with a first certificate or TOEFL. May be I can be a linkalist.

not sure about one of the smartest but definitely up there with the most creative!

Back