Budget food-places

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariano-BCN

Registered
I'm now for about two weeks, I do know now the budget (chepa doesn't mean to be badly prepared food by the way) grosseries but I'm still looking for the right places to eat (take away, vegetarian, parrilas (I'm part-time vegetarian), Jewish food stores, etc) in BsArs.
Anybody suggestions?

mariano-BCN said:
I'm now for about two weeks, I do know now the budget (chepa doesn't mean to be badly prepared food by the way) grosseries but I'm still looking for the right places to eat (take away, vegetarian, parrilas (I'm part-time vegetarian), Jewish food stores, etc) in BsArs.

Grosseries.:D

Why didn't I think of that every time I shopped for fresh veggies in BsAs?:rolleyes:

Where the veggies are seldom cheap but are often really gross.:eek:

Cooking at home 99% of the time was the answer for me.:)

(and I rarely bought veggies in the grocery stores.)

los sabios is a veggie place on corrientes that does good, economical food. You can either pay a fixed price (i think it's 35/40 pesos) and eat all you want from the buffet or go in an get takeaway. They charge you by the kilo but you can eat really well for one person for 20-odd pesos.
Las Cabras and Las cholas are decent (cheaper) parillas with veggie options. We can get dinner for two without wine for abut 120 pesos...I guess its cheaper if you order out too.
There are a couple of nice hole-in-the-wall schwarma (or falafel) places. One on the corner of Araoz and Charcas in Palermo and another one (same owners I think) on Alvarez Tomas...by Teodoro Garcia in Chacarita/Colegiales

MrHarper said:
A couple of days ago I posted a link to a cheap online supermarket and had 15 vouchers of a 30% discount on everything...the post got deleted, I guess for "spam". How stupid is that?

Davidglen77 said:
I saw that, it was for LeShop, thanks I used them. Too bad some of the posting criteria here is so political. Cheers.
I hope I don't get banned for liking your posts. If you still have a voucher, I'd love one.

Akbar on Azcuenaga and Sta Fe is a cheap tasty decent Indian takeaway ( avg 25$ )

La Fabrica de Pizzas has a big cheese pizza for 10$ on Anchorena btw Mansilla and Paraguay.

My favorite cheap parilla is El 22 Parilla on Voltaire and Carranza in Palermo Hollywood. Zero ambiance and indifferent service but outstanding beef. 70 pesos gets you a platter with a large lomo, good size bife de chorizo and half of an Ojo de bife (feeds 2-3) . IMO, the meat is as good as La Cabrera's, maybe better.

Siempre Verde in Chinatown is super-cheap vegetarian Taiwanese. The place is a real hole in the wall, but portions are HUGE and the food is a step up from the usual greasy Chinese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back