Buenos aires drinking water

scottgro

Registered
I know that it's potable, I just forgot that it does not taste great.

Where can I find a Brita filter?

Also, has anyone seen Coconut Water in BA? I drink it before my Bikram yoga classes, and would love to find it here.

Thanks!
-
s

i have seen imported canned Coconut water in a few of the chino supermarkets around town. you can probably get a water filter at Falabella or online from Mercado Libre. Maybe not by Brita though. good luck.

It's not even good enough for a decent cup of tea.
It's far too chlorinated which I can even smell at a distance.
We buy bottled water and boil that.

We use a water delivery service . We use it for coffee , tea and cooking.Counter top dispenser and also get soda water. Very reasonable price and dependable delivery service. Several filter systems are available , most pricey.

Gringoboy said:
It's not even good enough for a decent cup of tea.
It's far too chlorinated which I can even smell at a distance.
We buy bottled water and boil that.

you boil bottled water?? seriously??

Use a Brita water filter and one day cut open the filter to see what crap it captured, yuk. Grossed me out. Do not know if it reflects how good the filter is or how bad the water is. Have never recovered. Sometimes, the less I know the better off I am.

brita filters capture anything organic or non polar in the water really, does not necessarily mean that it is bad, and it just may be that the tank in your apartments are nasty. The main treatment center that provides for most of capital uses primarily ozone to clean their potable water, so any activated carbon filters are just superfluous. You need to use the brita filters on the bottled water, the one that they treat with chlorine, like villa del sur.

We kept track of exact expenses one week and realized about 20-25% of our grocery budget goes to bottled water! Don't really know another way. We do have a counter-top Brita but don't use it because tap water still tastes nasty afterward.

Also, my landlord made sure we weren't using hot tap water for ANYTHING food related. She says no one uses hot water for cooking or tea because the hot water pipes are usually dirtier from the hot water tanks. That is definitely true in our apartment.

Back