Buenos Aires En Bici

They give you the option. Luckily i decided to try the Helmet option for the first time on my last trip before the front fender got sucked into the wheel and pitching me over the handle bars at high speed. 3 broken ribs and a lot of bruises later I doubt I'll be getting back on one of the yellow bikes; a shame because I think it's a wonderful program.

The bikes look nackered. It looks like the whole thing is done on the cheap, plus some stations are closed on holidays - duh.

Although I cant stand Macri, this is one of the things I must recognise he did fine. Bycicles are the best way of transport, although you cant expect a high percentage of population to use it. Its for the youngers predominantly, and the change that makes to the traffic is insignificant.
But is a health, cheap, and safe way to travel around the city. In my neigborhood I have bicisendas everywhere.
One of the few things I like from Macri.

Although I cant stand Macri, this is one of the things I must recognise he did fine. Bycicles are the best way of transport, although you cant expect a high percentage of population to use it. Its for the youngers predominantly, and the change that makes to the traffic is insignificant.
But is a health, cheap, and safe way to travel around the city. In my neigborhood I have bicisendas everywhere.
One of the few things I like from Macri.

Its a step forward and a great thing for the city!
Lets hope they can improve the efficiency of it and maintain the bikes a little better.

On a side note I wonder how much it costs to repair and replace these bikes compared to buying more sturdy bikes especially designed for city hire.

Although he's not popular with everybody, I LOVE the yellow bicycles. And the mayor has announced a few new things:

1) Increase in the number of bikes from 700 to 3,000

2) Number of stations to get the bikes from 28 to 200

3) The bikes will be available 24hrs/day, 365 days/year

AWESOME!!

How I wish that this was the case back in 2008 when I would wait ~30+ minutes for a bus to go from Scalabrini Ortiz & Cabrera to right near the Facultad de Medicina/Facu de Sciencias Economicas. Gradual downhill slope from Palermo to the edge of Once.

Anyway, am psyched that Macri is bringing these to the peeps.

http://www.buenosair...as-de-la-ciudad

You couldve walked there in that time

Finally registered a couple of weeks ago - used my DNI and a mobile phone bill worked fine to register. A passport plus a certificado de domicilio or rental contract would have been fine as well though.

Its a great scheme. I sorely missed cycling when I first got here. Back then it just felt too dangerous and impractical to cycle around the city. Now its my favourite way to get about.

I tried to register for Bici using my rental agreement as address proof but was not accepted.

I was told that acceptable documents for address proof are
1) Postpaid mobile bill
2) Utility bill in my name
3) Certificado de Domicilio

I'm planning to apply for Certificado de Domicilio this weekend

If you’re a tourist in town, you can now use the Public Bicycle Sharing System to get to know the City in a different way... how to:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/111363127639308435300/posts/bY2URFTpeJt

The yellow bikes are great. I've started using this and after a while bought my own bike.
You can just register with the Certificado de Domicilio and that's it. Doesn't cost a penny. Nowadays there a more and more cycle paths and car drivers are step by step accepting us a little more in the city.

Getting a bike in hora pico does require patience!!

Don't you need two witnesses with residency in CF (ie DNI´s that show CF residency) to get a Certificado de Domicilio? We did when we got one a few weeks back. Keep that in mind.

I've asked a Certificado de Domicilio twice and did not need anything. In order to get this you do the following:

- Go to nearest police station
- Ask for Certificado de Domicilio and pay small amount of money (I believe it's 15 - 20 peso)
- In one of the following days a police officer will come by your home, check u live there and give the certificado

Usually they don't even need to see you in person. Last time my portero accepted the certificado and that's it.

Back