Buenos Aires Herald

I disagree that it has a neutral stance. It seems pro government to me. You have to read the Spanish language papers (like La Nacion or InfoBae) to understand the differences in how the same news is presented. Sometimes what they omit to say is the most damning...

I also read several Argentina dailes in Spanish, I agree with you with conceiving what's omitted and what's not between the sources, the Herald gets critized for being both pro- and anti-goverment as it prints articles with both stances.

Let's see
relatively neutral stance in the diametric politics of Argentina today ---- publishing translations of Cristina's Facebook posts.

Which one are you referring to? They have printed several Facebook posts and Tweets of hers as she tends to comment through those mediums on many issues.

The herald is like reading pagina 12 with Google translate only signifigantly less informative.

I'm not saying the work is easy, but I would easily put them, bad grammar aside, in the K camp. They will often write or post quotes from Ks/FpVs as fact, albeit with quotation marks, but little in terms of commentary or fact checking their claims.

Just click on any article lately involving Anibal and its his lips to your ears, via abysmal translation of course...

Which one are you referring to? They have printed several Facebook posts and Tweets of hers as she tends to comment through those mediums on many issues.

Come on, Richard. Does it really matter? The fact that they're translating multiple Facebook posts and tweets is even worse!

I hope you're only conceding because you've been persuaded, not because you're being overwhelmed by opposing opinions.

And this isn't personal (speaking for myself). I'm sure I'll continue to read and enjoy your posts.

Come on, Richard. Does it really matter? The fact that they're translating multiple Facebook posts and tweets is even worse!

I hope you're only conceding because you've been persuaded, not because you're being overwhelmed by opposing opinions.

And this isn't personal (speaking for myself). I'm sure I'll continue to read and enjoy your posts.

Well to be honest, I wasn't really swayed by anyone's argument until ARbound mentioned the reporting on Anibal, on which I then googled last month's Herald articles and his point seemed quite valid. But it is too a boy-on-the-burning-deck capitulation.

I'd like to think that I can read any article, whether it be from the Herald, Clarin or Pagina 12 and filter out the bullshit and know what is missing, sometimes I reckon I don't evil realise when I'm filtering out the chaff or filling in the gaps myself.

I still believe much of the criticism here is hyperbole.

The only articles in the herald that are critical of the government are the opinion pieces by the ex editors, but they've drowned them out by bringing in a bunch of pro government writers who never criticise anything the government does.

As an English language newspaper they seem unable to spell Falklands. :rolleyes:

Back