Buenos Aires Herald

As an English language newspaper they seem unable to spell Falklands. :rolleyes:

I wonder if it is even found in EN-ES dictionaries available here. B)
----

Talking about biased press, I once bought the National Geographic here, a special issue about "Atucha II - Central Nuclear Nestor Kirchner blablabla" and I was appalled to read the praises for a project completed after a 30-year (political) stop with outdated technology. They were actually commending that they even managed to upgrade the original project by adding computer screens in the control room, which the original project in the 70's didn't have (for obvious reasons).

They were also proudly stating that it is the first time in history (?) that the commissioning company had to take over the design, execution and commissioning of a power plant... as the original (German) company was out of business.

Pure garbage... and coming from NG!!

My fav. newspaper is the Bubble. It rocks!

http://www.bubblear.com

They're hiring! http://www.bubblear.com/the-bubble-is-hiring-and-expanding/

The Bubble Argentina is expanding and is looking for energetic journalists with excellent English skills to work in our new newsroom during this exciting time for the company. These are all full time paid positions.

The Bubble is a digital media company dedicated to covering news and events in (for now) Argentina, with grandiose plans that include video, radio, podcasts, and expansion into additional Latin American markets.

We are currently looking for:
  • Staff Writers (Politics)
  • Marketing and Advertising Director
  • Public Relations Director

Deadline for applications: October 1st, 2015

For more information, please contact [email protected]

One good aspect of the Buenos Aires Herald is their coverage of International Shipping and Transportation. As a former owner of an International Ship Chandlery business , I find the weekly section to be informative and enlightening. The roots of the paper served the english ex pats living here , and many were involved in the shipping industry. However , if you find how many 10,000 TEU container ships China is building boring , or the tonnage of Soy and Grain passing through Rosario , or the weekly ship arrivals , and ads for the local ship agents , well , you get the idea.

As for the rest , it can be pretty bad. Of course , never rely on one source of information , and be aware enough to judge good journalism and their sources before forming your own opinion.

The English language has the privilege of enjoying everything that comes along with the misfortune of being world's default language. I'm sorry. Here we are, all the foreigners who learned it, somehow, and we express ourselves in very non-English ways. Some call it a melting pot, others call it Babylon. Cheers! Especially to the editors, bless them.

They are not trying to compete with NY times.

I like them cos they are original and they try to add humor to the news - which makes it fun to read.

Does anybody have a rough salary for the BA Herald? I am (over) qualified to write for this publication, and am interested in locking down a local job instead of freelancing. I am currently pulling in around 40,000 - 42,000 pesos, does the Herald match or better that?

They are not trying to compete with NY times.

And yet, apparently the Herald is. I contacted them about their online subscription price being more than that of the Times, and asked if I could expect superior journalism for my money.

Never received an answer - go figure.

Does anybody have a rough salary for the BA Herald? I am (over) qualified to write for this publication, and am interested in locking down a local job instead of freelancing. I am currently pulling in around 40,000 - 42,000 pesos, does the Herald match or better that?

I have known a couple of people who write/wrote for the Herald. I don't know what they make, but they all find it necessary to write for additional outlets to supplement their income.

Back