Buenos Aires in the 1960s

Buenos Aires in the 1960s in its most stable period economically with low crime rate and with one wage a family could live well . The city seemed very clean, sparkling and first world !!!!

Life in the big city of Chicago was the same in the 1960s. Our family of five lived comfortably in our home on only my father's salary. There was no crime, and the city was clean. Children walked to school in those days.

I just learned before posting that the current mayor of Chicago is not going to run for reelection next year. Hopefully a new progressive mayor will eradicate the political corruption that has ruled the city since the 1960s with Mayor Daley.

Life in the big city of Chicago was the same in the 1960s. Our family of five lived comfortably in our home on only my father's salary. There was no crime, and the city was clean. Children walked to school in those days.

.[/QUOTE
Same story across developed world. In the UK you could buy Australian residency for £10 and then buy a house facing the Sydney Opera House for whatever loose change you had in your pocket. Oh how things have changed...

Then by the late 70s thanks to the oil crisis, Nam etc things got so bad that you could exchange half a can of flat TaB for a disused warehouse in Manhattan...

Then by the late 70s thanks to the oil crisis, Nam etc things got so bad that you could exchange half a can of flat TaB for a disused warehouse in Manhattan...

Prices of properties can fluctuate thats for sure. The real estate market is at least 15 percent down from its peak in January 2018 in Buenos Aires. Only the well priced is selling

Back