Buenos Aires - not for the faint hearted

Just for the record. There are many fake inspectors. If they did not show their credentials, and based on what you are reporting, I am 99.9% sure they are fake. They cannot legally close you down and not show proof they are CABA inspectors. I call bullshit and if I was you, I would reopen and report them too. There is a phone line to report such irregularities.

Keep us posted and best of luck. If there was no stamp, no id or aclaracion etc, it sounds like a scam...they probs thought it was a quick way to get their kids some free candy for christmas!

Unfortunately they were real inspectors as they did leave behind an "acta de clausura". But it was an order of closure based on an administrative error. I will not give in, hey if I am wrong I am wrong and willing and able to work to fix a problem I am involved in. However they are wrong and still making my life difficult to say the least.

Good luck David!
Don't you just love the beurocracy over here?
I'll never, ever forget getting habilitacion for my shop. It was hell on earth.
Having to pay extra for the quantity of light fittings/wall sockets etc nearly blew my fuse.
Of course i only have one of each :)

So sorry to read this :( Hope you get it resolved quickly and easily and with a minimum of headache.

Keep us posted David. Hope it all works out for you in the end and you have a good holiday shopping season.

Davidglen77 said:
I still love Argentina, I met the person of my dreams and if I could just stop having all of these crazy things happen to me, it would be a big relief!

I went by your store this week and saw that it was closed. I thought that was odd as you always seemed to be open during the week. Then yesterday I read your post of being forced to close your doors. Sad to hear it but am not surprised.

After being here full time for over 2 years "the crazy things" is the norm here. In a way, it is what makes things interesting here, as nothing can really be taken for granted.

You could always consider setting shop on the sidewalk outside your store as is common place here and you could be sure that they would ignore you. :)

Hope the good things here always out weigh the bad.

JHB1216 said:
I went by your store this week and saw that it was closed. I thought that was odd as you always seemed to be open during the week. Then yesterday I read your post of being forced to close your doors. Sad to hear it but am not surprised.

After being here full time for over 2 years "the crazy things" is the norm here. In a way, it is what makes things interesting here, as nothing can really be taken for granted.

You could always consider setting shop on the sidewalk outside your store as is common place here and you could be sure that they would ignore you. :)

Hey now that is some porteño thinking! ;)

JHB1216 said:

I don't think having my business shut down that provides my livelihood by government servants who practice extortion as something that makes things interesting here.

Thanks to all for your support and for following this.......yesterday at about 1:00 PM I ripped the "clausura" sticker off the gate and worked all yesterday afternon and opened today at 9:00 AM and so far so good, if they do come and F__K with me they better send the F___ING army, police, air force, navy, etc. because they are going to have to physically remove me and when they take me to jail I am going on a hunger strike. Extreme bull___t calls for extreme measures.......
"Viva la Argentina y que se desaparezcan los corruptos de la faz de la tierra!!!!!!!"

Back