Building robbery

MikeMike

Registered
I suppose just an FYI, building next to mine was robbed today. The story goes that two men dressed in suits entered the building "somehow", were confronted by the portero, whom they attacked (sadly, he's a nice guy). Not quite sure what happened after that. This was Recoleta, Pueyrredón near Las Heras.

Where are all the know-all locals to tell us this could happen anywhere and that there's no crime in BsAs?

Oh, hang on, it's still morning.....they'll be along after midday when they get out of bed!

Mike, I live a couple of blocks from there, was that yesterday around 2pm? We went out and Pueyrredon was blocked, bunch of ambulances, motorcicles, and police between Juncal and French, or Juncal and Beruti?

I have lived in Recoleta for many years, and let's not forget now we are only 10 blocks from Villa31!

I have never seen a horde of crime in the area such as this. They have put extra police in the streets, but only until 8pm...WTF!

Hope nobody got seriously hurt.

DavieW said:
Where are all the know-all locals to tell us this could happen anywhere and that there's no crime in BsAs?

Oh, hang on, it's still morning.....they'll be along after midday when they get out of bed!

Stupid comment #1.

Iznogud said:
Sarcastic comment #1.
Corrected.

Sorry Iznogud - you're the exception on this forum, but you know the types I'm referring to. Despite all the evidence, like this example, they're still coming on here and denying that crime is increasing in BsAs. Do you not find it just as frustrating to have to put up with their bullsh1t?

I understand what you mean DavieW, also that your mean well. But a problem has been reported and your first response is to lash out...

Thus my comment. Look no further.

I do not think that blaming Villa 31 dwellers helps either, we have no clue.

The otherr day, round the clock guards were mentioned. They're really no better than a portero to a determined and well organized group. They can also serve as a key to the building.
Tenants usually ignore that they're legaly responsible for them and their work contracts are a conglomeration of grey areas, so if they get fired at the office the building can be sued.

I advocete hardening you or your place as targets so you hopefully slide the potential problem to an easier mark, yet those are temporary fixes and definitely no solutions.

Let's remain positive and constructive, shall we?

Iznogud, do you really think that the exponential growth of Villa31 has nothing to do with crime in the area? It is known and proved that most criminals live and hide in Villas ( along with poor working people of course )

I am not saying that they are to blame for everything, crime growth goes along with increasing levels of corruption in the Police.

che, the difference is that in other countries the police will investigate and often find the perpetrators. Here, the police just turn a blind eye....

Let me put it this way, are you positive that the aggressors in this case came from there?
The other night I got alarmed by a couple that, after looking at me from accross the street a long time, seemingly waiting at a bus stop, crossed the street towards my buiding entrance. I moved away from the door when I saw them crossing, saw them hesitate in the middle of the street and resume direction when they saw someone else, hands busy, headed inside and they all went in together.
They were dark skinned/black. No such people in the blocks around me or my buildng.
A lot of "colombians" reported breaking into buildings lately. Should I blame their country or look for the nearest villa to wave my finger at?
See my point?
Nor do I blame police, We should be looking both at higher levels of government and the most basic levels of society.
Corruption is part of our society, definitely not localised. We must cleanse ourselves and stop blaming others instead of doing something about it.
Smile, help a stranger and spread the word, then maybe the dark mood will fade away and we might start building a future instead of demolishing the present.

Back