Burgers in the 'Burbs' - 6/14

captdave

Registered
I posted this on another thread, and the (good) suggestion was made to start a new thread, so here it is:
--------------- snip ----------------- snip ---------------------

Hey guys!

How about another get-together out here in the "burbs"?

I had a pretty good time at our last burger burn - anybody wanna do it again this Sunday (the 14th) afternoon?

Same deal - I'll supply the burgers, you bring whatever you're drinking (or whatever else)

For those of you who weren't here or didn't make it last time, the house is in Vicente Lopez, just north of Belgrano/Nunez. It's a big place and there's room for anyone who wants to come, but RSVP's are appreciated so I know how many burgers to plan on.

It's easy to get to by bus (152, 59, 161, 29 among others), or about a 15-20 peso cab ride from Palermo.
I'll post a map and directions in a little while, because apparently Google map had some people off by several blocks.

This time I am going to put a jar out for anyone who wants to contribute something to the kids charity http://www.BairesKids.com, mostly because I have some winter clothes I want to deliver next week and I'd like to be able to bring some food supplies as well. Anyone who wants to kick a couple of pesos in the kitty (or even come on the trip) would be helping a LOT. Other then having a jar out, I am NOT going to solicit donations Sunday, and it is NOT obligatory in any way!

Once again, feel free to bring any books you might like to swap, and I have a couple of guitars if anybody cares...

Hope you can make it!

Saludos,

David

Count me in captdave, and I can bring potato salad. I will be coming from the North, will need that google map coz I will be driving.

Can I swap a book for a guitar?

Hoping to make it this time as well, couldn't last time. Also hoping I wont be looked down upon too much for most likely being the youngest in attendance...

Jeff

Yay CaptDave!! You can count us (2) in as well! For anyone who didn't make it last time be sure to come this weekend because the house is amazing, Dave's hamburgers are wonderful and everyone had a great time.

Perfect timing since I have several books to exchange, as well.

JeffLiff- How old are you? I'm 23 and I hope I'm not in any "not-young" category yet...;)

Hey guys

There is a printable map, with taxi instructions in spanish, at:
http://www.davidelkus.com/map.html
and another one, perhaps clearer but without instructions at:
http://www.terrazadelnorte.com/eng/ubicac.html

You can also take any one of a number of buses. The 29 comes down Libertador and crosses LaPrida right after the big Carrafour in Vicente Lopez.
Walk up the hill on LaPrida 3 blocks and turn left on Gaspar Campos (house # is 121.)

There are several buses that run down Cabildo/Maipu (Santa Fe turns into Cabildo in Palermo, which then becomes Maipu as it enters Vicente Lopez).
You can take the 152, 161, 59 - they all stop at Maipu and LaPrida (about 3 blocks after you go under the overpass the marks the boundry of Vicente Lopez, at the 5000 block of Cabildo.)
Walk down the hill on LaPrida about 5 blocks and turn right on Gaspar Campos to #121

My cell phone is
15 4048 4297 if you want better instructions or get lost...

I'm looking forward to seeing alla youse guys!

saludos,

David

Count us in (2). Thanks for hosting this. And we look forward to meeting everyone.

Click on ---> Google maps

gasparcampos121.jpg

gasparcampos121bis.jpg

thanks allcraz, fixed

Ojo with this map...I don't believe it's pointing to the correct spot. I know someone else got lost last time due to a problem with what GoogleMaps showed. The house is further south on Gaspar Campos, I believe.

Thanx for the invite. I´ll try to go again, hopefully with a friend or 2.

The street is a dead end, and the house is almost at the end of the street, past the big Umbu tree that is in the middle of the road (that tree is several hundred years old, and obviously pre-dates the street!)

You'll find it...

David

allcraz said:
Ojo with this map...I don't believe it's pointing to the correct spot. I know someone else got lost last time due to a problem with what GoogleMaps showed. The house is further south on Gaspar Campos, I believe.

Back