Bus to Iguazu

livingabroad

Registered
Hi,
We are taking the bus from BA to Iguazu. Are there any towns/cities/sites along the way that are worth visiting? Is their anything else near Iguazu (including Paraguay) worth visiting?
Thanks!

Some people like cuidad del Este but I would die if I have to go there again. Foz is nice and if you take the trip I would take the bus for a weekend to Asucion, pretty nice city

On the road you might like Concordia/Salto

You might enjoy visiting Esteros del Iberá, in Corrientes, and/or Saltos de Moconá, in El Soberbio, Misiones.

There are also many Estancias that can be visited or you can stay for a night or two, like Estancia Yapeyú in Corrientes, or Las Marías.

livingabroad said:
Hi,
We are taking the bus from BA to Iguazu. Are there any towns/cities/sites along the way that are worth visiting?
Exactly what do you mean by "the bus from BA to Iguazu"?

One bus 'directo' or changing busses town to town?

In the former case the answer is that you'll se the places the bus is passing through, you can't get off for more than 15 minutes or if the bus stops for dinner etc.

Thanks all for the tips. To answer John.St, we would change buses from town to town IF there were anything worthwhile stopping/staying the night(s) to see or do.
Thanks again!

Ah! I got the (erratic) impression from your first post, that you had bought the tickets and perhaps lacked experience with long distance busses in Argentina.

In some countries you can get off, have your ticket stamped, stay for some time, then resume your trip.

Back