Bush's daughter robbed in Argentina

igor

Administrator
U.S. and Argentine media reported that one of President Bush's 24-year-old twin daughters had her purse stolen while being guarded by the Secret Service during a visit here. read more
(it's a pity we don't have "young republicans abroad" forum)
See also article in La Nacion

"igor" said:
U.S. and Argentine media reported that one of President Bush's 24-year-old twin daughters had her purse stolen while being guarded by the Secret Service during a visit here. read more
(it's a pity we don't have "young republicans abroad" forum)
See also article in La Nacion
Wow !! In the Amercican eyes we are LATINOS/ Sudacas / Shitty black people and that is why we need a Visa to enter to their land , i don't have to explain how difficult it is to get a Visa to enter to US and up to the bush's doughter come to Argentina to piss us off !! Can anyone explain me what you come to do here ?

Lady in red,
The newspaper I read this morning said she was here on a study trip. Anyhow she is entitled to come as a tourist, no?

Please note that it was not both but one twin, Barbara, that was robbed and it was not a purse, it was a cell phone. She was with her mother and her SS detail, this was confirmed by the WH spokesperson today. I am sure Barbara did not conceive of this plan to go to BA, get robbed just to piss anyone off, Lady in Red. I am not sure where the news feed is coming for La Nacion but they should triple check the details before they run the story.
It made the news because, it is a slow news day and yes, she is GWB's daughter.
RE: the US visa, why would anyone in their right mind want to go thru the hassle, headache and expense of procuring a USA visa. There is nothing in that country that can possibly lure anyone out of Argentina. From what I hear and read on this forum, the US citizens are not acting/speaking desirably 100% about Argentina, so why would anyone in their right noggin' want to enter a country like USA, even just to shop or visit relatives - why. Spare yourself the agony and do not even entertain the idea of USA visa - and tell your friends about it.
No one lost their job. WH spokesperson was asked that.
It happens. SS detail is to protect the person -it was believed that "thief or thieves" swiped the cellphone and that can happen to anyone. Lives were never in danger - now if someone had a gun - we would have been reading a different story this morning.

"Grazie" said:
.RE: so why would anyone in their right noggin' want to enter a country like USA, even just to shop or visit relatives - why. Spare yourself the agony and do not even entertain the idea of USA visa - and tell your friends about it.
There are several reason , some people would want to go to study english and others would love to go on vacations to Miami / dysney . Do you think that all argentinian want to go To US as illegall ? Look at the 12 millon of illegal as they are treat there , like rats.
Actually i think that we have to pay them with the same coin if we can't go or it is difficult to enter for us we have to do the same for them.

Lady in Red, never in my post did I say "illegal", did I? Did not even insinuate that in any way. I am not sure why you sound so defensive, if you want to enter the USA or anyone for that matter, it will cost you. If you want it that bad - pay up. If Argentina imposes the same - I am sure anyone who wants to enter should pay up as well.
If this is an eye for an eye,a tooth for a tooth, then we should brace ourselves for its consequences. Just wondering - why do you think the Argentina gov doesnot impose such entry application fees? There must be some rhyme and reason to their not letting entrants pay up.
Illegals are just that ILLEGALS. If you enter a country without proper documents you are an illegal. One can never be treated like a rat, unless that person allows such treatment to happen. Like it is in BsAs, if the illegals are treated like rats and that is not good, they should go back where they come from - a dose of that medicine will ease the burden on the public resources that these rats have been draining for years now - how do you like them apples now huh? When a person enter the US with proper papers then one is accorded the same rights as those that ponied up, stood in line and waited like the LEGAL ones before them and those that will come after them. The US gov have to pay those that stand behind the counter answering immigration questions, taking their pictures, taking their fingerprints, handing them forms. This is a system of government - might not be that great but again it is all US has, make the most of what you have and improve in the process - human aspirations.
Haven't you heard the level of education in the US is not that great anymore. Children do not pass english as easier as they used to. Bilingual is the plat du jour now.

I for the life of me cant understand why the person wants so much to enter the Usa as all I have heard is critisisms from her about the people the government and she wants to learn english there odd behaviour
Argentina has a very good education system one that we should be proud off

Perhaps for the same reasons that some expats come to BA. To experience a different culture, to learn another language, to attend an Argentine university, to learn tango, etc. Some see the positive aspects and are willing to overlook the inconveniences . Others discover that this is not the promised land.
I think Lady-in-Red answered that question in her post..."some people would want to go to study english and others would love to go on vacations to Miami / dysney".

So stupid the way the Arg. has played this story from the beginning. Its day 3. no confirmation, no facts they can prove, not even which restaurant. and since it was apparently a behind your back, snatch, hardly a story at all. "Daughter of worlds most powerful man robbed". give me a break, ive lived in Washington d.c. years as a reporter and saw the Secret Service many times.
terrible way this story is presented here and seems to qualify as gossip and nothing more. So ABC reported it, fine, done, move on.
Funny we never hear a word about Argentina's presidential family in their private life or any regular news about his family members in the government. Im no expert, BUT ive never seen even one photo of his house in santa cruz that he sneaks away to constantly. never seen a photo of him or his family here in the Olivos estate. He seems to have a private and secret life almost. well, Bush's daughter is a private citizen, holds no govt. job, and may go where she wants, but security dictates she be protected against murder or kidnapping, thats all.

Whether it makes a good story or not, this case does affect country's name recognition, I guess.
- Argentina? Isn't it a country where president's daughter got robbed while being guarded by the secret service?

Back