Busted iPhone

20sTravel

Registered
My boyfriend has a newish iphone 4S that he brought from the States and loves dearly. Unfortunately, the screens on those things crack like eggshells and his has a big crack across the top.

At home we'd just take it to the Apple store but obviously that is not an option here. Does anyone have any experience or advice on replacing a cracked iphone screen?

Yes. Go on Mercadolibre and look for a repair service that replaces and installs new ones in your neighborhood. It should cost around $ 500 pesos for the screen and installation, give or take. Depending on if they have it in stock, it could take a week to fix or if they don't have it in stock, it could take a couple weeks while they order the parts.

If it's under warranty, you might also try to take it to an Apple store here in Buenos Aires. They might be able to fix it for free although i've never tried that. Good luck. It sucks having a busted smartphone.

I'd go in to an apple store here, it should be covered by the warranty. The latest generation of iPhones use gorilla glass, a super strong scratch resistant glass, I'm not sure if the mercadolibre repair services will have the same stuff.

Are there Apple Stores here that do warrantee work? Went I broke my screen I went to an Apple store on Honduras and was told by them that all stores in Argentina are private franchise stores. I also went to Personnel and they said the same thing. If fact they said all they do is sell iPhones but they cannot get serviced here.

TomAtAlki said:
Are there Apple Stores here that do warrantee work? Went I broke my screen I went to an Apple store on Honduras and was told by them that all stores in Argentina are private franchise stores. I also went to Personnel and they said the same thing. If fact they said all they do is sell iPhones but they cannot get serviced here.

MacStation replaces/fixes stuff under warranty, the only problem being it takes months to get parts due to customs hold-ups.

Davonz is right - the Apple store on Honduras did a big overhaul on my Macbook under warranty, including replacing my hard disk (which took 3 weeks to get shipped here!).

But I'm not sure if the same holds true for iPhones, because AFAIK most iPhones only have national warranty and cannot be serviced anywhere in the world - or at least that's what I was told when I bought mine.

TomAtAlki said:
At the very least the MacStations are all authorized apple service centers, I've had a computer and a phone repaired here. Both were covered by applecare warranties, computer took about 2 weeks, phone 4 days.

Macstation covers all warranties except I phones! I already went there to ask! Because they don't sell them, they can't help with any problems even if u have a warranty!

Back