Buy a Vespa

jay jay

Registered
Hello,
I just arrived in Buenos Aires and I will stay here for 3 years as an expatriate. I am French and was living in Beijing China for the last 8 years.
The best way of going around Beijing was on a scooter, the way people drive there is a little worst then here... Anyways, scooter will be my best option as well.
I am looking for a scooter here, new or used, but preferably a Vespa. If anyone knows where to buy them, please let me know, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you very much for your help.

JJ

I was just in Colonia on Friday and I went straight and right instead of to the left... well it's like a whole different town.

Anyway, there were places over there selling scooters for ~US$1,000. (OBVIOUSLY not Vespas.) And they were a bit underpowered. I don't know what kind of empuestos (taxes) you would need to pay to get the bikes over here.

SIDE NOTE:

My favorite thing I saw over there were the 5kg bags of YERBA MATE in the big grocery store in the mall. 11 lbs of yerba?!?!?! It looked like a bag of dog food or fertilizer. It was/is probably a week's supply for an Uruguayan.

END OF SIDE NOTE...

Suerte and wear bright clothing. Oh, and if you're hit, you're supposed to wait in the street until an ambulance and lawyers come because you can make a lot of money off of your bad luck. Just like these guys.

n567077537_1506890_7289.jpg

These guys in the street were just lying there talking to each other. Waiting for their payday.

dale, listo, chau-chau

Wow... that's pretty weird.
Thanks a lot for the tips and the links.

Cheers,
JJ

Hi

I also want to buy a scooter here. Are there any requirements for the driving licence? Can I just start driving with a European car-license?

Thanks!

Back