Buy Supplements/vitamins Argentina

Ocean_Sun

Registered
Hello, I'm leaving soon to Argentina!! Wanted to know where's a good place to buy supplements/vitamins in Buenos Aires? Recommended place and with decent price? (example just plain magnesium without calcium) (vitamin C)

You can buy them anywhere. Price, however, is another matter. Depending on where you are coming from you may find them extremely expensive.

I agree with Syngirl. We just got back from a trip to the US where we brought 6 months worth of vitamins for our use in BA. Much cheaper and the mixture of nutrients/supplements I want.

With supplements, the most important issue is quality; many -- most -- companies, in the US, have serious impurities in their supplements, for example. I would suggest, for people in the USA, to use Labdoor to find the highest quality supplements. No, I'm not affiliated with them, just a fanboy ;) The challenge of supplements in Argentina, however, isn't just the price: it's that, there is no objective, outside comparison of the quality of the vitamins they purport to have in them, so it becomes very hard to judge how good or not they are.

morgan

I feel like I need some extra vitamins supplements,... is there an GNC like place here to buy them.
ML has what I need but feel hesitant about it and getting stuck with some useless snake oil that's going to do more harm than good.

I feel like I need some extra vitamins supplements,... is there an GNC like place here to buy them.
ML has what I need but feel hesitant about it and getting stuck with some useless snake oil that's going to do more harm than good.
I buy from the US using Grabr, works out cheaper even with the mule cost and you'll get better quality

MercadoLibre
Only with a DNI, possibly not the OP's situation.

I generally buy basic supplements in Farmacity, no problem getting magnesium carbonate, or citrate, zinc, vitamin D2 or D3, vitamin C, or any of that stuff. There are local manufacturers of those products (Bago, Vitamin Way, and Wellness come to mind).

Edited to add: oops, the original post was in 2016, my bad, sorry @David Y

Last edited:
I think that you get to make your own mind up about supplements, in my experience most doctors consider them to be snake oil, and will happily confirm that if you take supplements you will be in the competition to have the most expensive pee south of Washougal. I'd say if you find what you believe you need on ML, go for it.

Just consider interactions with any medication you might be taking, for example, I need to avoid supplements with vitamin K (included in many multivitamins), and not all interactions might be documented, for example, Bagohepat capsules (artichoke extract) also didn't do me any good, and I'm now told Turmeric / Curcuma supplements might not be my thing.

Back