Buying a car on a tourist visa without a DNI/precaria

elgordito

Registered
Hi everyone, with the blue rate at historic highs yet again it’s starting to seem like a good idea to buy a car for travelling around the country.
I’d like to know if anyone has successfully bought one (either used or new) while being a tourist without a DNI or residencia. I do have a valid CUIT number but I’m not sure if that matters. Thanks!

Hi everyone, with the blue rate at historic highs yet again it’s starting to seem like a good idea to buy a car for travelling around the country.
I’d like to know if anyone has successfully bought one (either used or new) while being a tourist without a DNI or residencia. I do have a valid CUIT number but I’m not sure if that matters. Thanks!
There is already a current thread on how to buy a car.....https://baexpats.org/threads/how-to-buy-a-new-car.42367/#post-382015

There is already a current thread on how to buy a car.....https://baexpats.org/threads/how-to-buy-a-new-car.42367/#post-382015

Thanks... but this doesn't really address my question on whether tourists are allowed to buy a car (assuming all the paperwork is done properly)

Passport, CDI and Form 663 or F622 AFIP and Certificate of domicile.

Thanks. Have you tried buying a car using these documents yourself? I'll try and ask at some concesionarios nearby but I seriously doubt they'll be able to answer this...

Thanks. Have you tried buying a car using these documents yourself? I'll try and ask at some concesionarios nearby but I seriously doubt they'll be able to answer this...

I purchased a vehicle several years ago.. The Dealership did all the paperwork , transfer title , plates, etc. . Dietrich Dealership, at Honduras 4210 Palermo. CABA..!
I just signed the papers and deposited the money in the Bank. Call them or pay them a visit. Good Luck

Last edited:
I bought my car 5 years ago without a DNI, i had my passport and paid in cash. dealer did all the work and I have the title in my name along with the registration.

I purchased a vehicle several years ago.. The Dealership did all the paperwork , transfer title , plates, etc. . Dietrich Dealership, at Honduras 4210 Palermo. CABA..!
I just signed the papers and deposited the money in the Bank. Call them or pay them a visit. Good Luck

We bought a car there too in June. I can also recommend them highly. As you mention, they do the full paperwork for you (which otherwise would take you days if not weeks).

We bought a car there too in June. I can also recommend them highly. As you mention, they do the full paperwork for you (which otherwise would take you days if not weeks).

Thanks again for the advice. I actually got in touch with them a while ago and they said they'd have to ask their manager to call me back, obviously never did... (classic...!). I guess I'll go down there in person when I actually need a car.

A related question for those that bought a car with only your foreign passport, did any of you have problems bringing it out of the country for travelling (e.g. Brazil, Uruguay Chile etc.)? Obviously this is a minor issue but if I'm gonna buy a car I'd obviously like to be able to go abroad in it as well.

Has anyone bought one from a private seller? I know these dealers will do the paperwork for you but what about having to handle it yourself?

Back