Buying a new car

gringoexpress

Registered
While searching for something else entirely, I happened to notice that car prices on the Toyota website are quoted in pesos. I've got a quote in my hand at an awful good price, in pesos, that says it's valid for 24 hours. Has anyone, uh, actually bought a new car in pesos before? I'm sure someone will catch on to where this is going.

as the saying goes, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is...

A few years ago I bought a Toyota in pesos. Selling dollars at the blue rate, it cost exactly the same as in the US. Wonderful bargain....!

The quoted peso price was at the US dollar's official-rate, which at the time was half the blue dollar rate. Hence the deal.

Last edited:
as the saying goes, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is...
Trip report : The price in pesos is correct, and somebody updates it every morning, but there aren't actually any cars available to buy at that price. It's the automotive equivalent of buying an apartment in pozo, somehow they use your rapidly devaluing pesos to import a car from Brazil and hopefully it shows up a few months later. Checked with a few new car dealers, to actually buy a car that exists costs a lot more. It was worth a shot.

Back