Carlos Rodríguez: “We are going into an economic depression…

carride

Registered
Google translated:
Carlos Rodríguez has not spoken with Javier Milei for a long time. Throughout the campaign, the President had presented him as the future head of his Council of Advisors, which would also include Roque Fernández , another former Menem official. However, the leader of the Center for Macroeconomic Studies of Argentina ( CEMA ), where he serves as professor emeritus, left La Libertad Avanza when Milei appointed Luis Caputo as Minister of Finance without consulting him.“I never advised him. He used my name, nothing more. And I fell like a plover,"Rodríguez, a disciple of Milton Friedman at the University of Chicago, rants..

Disenchanted with Milei's preaching and management, the economist criticizes the Government's management without a filter. He warns about the deficiencies of the adjustment program and the absence of an income plan. And, above all, he warns about the effects of the recession. “We are going into an economic depression and I don't see how the fall in investment is going to be recovered ,” he reflects in an interview with LA NACION

He could be right, but he also has a personal beef with Milei so it's not surprising that he doesn't agree with him.

Just take a look around. This country has been in an economic depression for years if not decades now. It is a shell of what it once was. The visible decay of society, infrastructure and cities resulting from a lack of investment and real growth doesn't appear after 130 short days.

An article from 2014 that might as well have been written yesterday.

Milei will speak to the nation tonight, 9pm, pre-recorded, of course. I see queues already at my local petrol station, I’m sure it’s going to be wonderful.

Back