Buying a pinguino wine decanter overseas? (Australia)

tgs

Registered
Hi guys,

Last year my wife and I travelled in Buenos Aires and fell in love with the wine from the local parilla that was served in a 'pinguino' decanter.

argentina-pinguino-2-1.jpg

I can't find these pinguinos in Australia, and MercadoLibre seems to require you to provide an Argentinian drivers license or other form of ID.

Does anybody know how I could buy a pinguino and have it shipped to Australia?

Many thanks! :)
Tim

tgs said:
MercadoLibre seems to require you to provide an Argentinian drivers license or other form of ID

What do you mean requires you to have an Argentinian Drivers License? To open an Account or to make a purchase?

Because I opened an Account the other day, but haven´t made any purchase.

I use MercadoLibre all the time and don't have a DNI or any sort of Argentine ID...just a foreign passport.

Reactions: tgs
LC222 said:
I use MercadoLibre all the time and don't have a DNI or any sort of Argentine ID...just a foreign passport.

Oh, cool.
When I checked-out an item, it looked like my only options were to provide Argentine DNI or similar local ID - I didn't see any option to enter a passport number.

Obviously MercadoLibre is quite hard to navigate when your Spanish is limited.

I'll give it a go with my passport details, thanks! :)

Actually, as far as I know, both white and brown (marron) are still in production, in the very simple 1 liter size shown above. If Calma Chica is not still selling them, most good neighborhood kitchen supply stores have them or can get them, a year ago they were 40 pesos, figure in inflation for current price in a store. Mercado Libre is usually a bit cheaper- no rent.
The antique ones come in a variety of sizes, down to 1/2 and 1/4 liters, with several different historical makers, and many of them are hand glazed, where each one is unique.

Ries said:
If Calma Chica is not still selling them, most good neighborhood kitchen supply stores have them or can get them

Hmm it doesn't look like Calma Chicha have any way of ordering stuff in the post.

BTW, nice collection! :)

I will try my luck with Mercado Libre.

Back