Buying a property in Buenos Aires

Cristian77

Registered
Hi, I would like to buy an apartment in Buenos Aires, but my money is abroad. I do not want to bring the money to Argentina, because of all the fees, taxes, etc. Is somebody interested in selling me property, and receiving the money in a foreign bank account? It could be a good deal if you have the intention to take money out of the country.

Hi, I would like to buy an apartment in Buenos Aires, but my money is abroad. I do not want to bring the money to Argentina, because of all the fees, taxes, etc. Is somebody interested in selling me property, and receiving the money in a foreign bank account? It could be a good deal if you have the intention to take money out of the country.

Why don't you just buy an apartment abroad and bring it with you to Buenos Aires? Might simplify things.

Its very very hard. almost all argentine sellers want money in BA.

your best bet will be other foreigners like you.

Yes, that is the reason why I am asking in an expat community
Its weird cos almost all of them have bank account abroad.. but they want to see the money with their eyes and probably keep it under their bed. argentines generally dont trust any bank in the world.

Yes, that is the reason why I am asking in an expat community
Look up at gringo groups on facebook. but beware, you will be indundated with requests to rent...as almost all of them are looking to slay the sheep with dollars and rent their empty apartment.

I think that if you did that today they would convert your dollars into pesos.

Back