Buying A Used Car In Ba

No. I'm not in country. Does that mean I can't even buy a used car from a private seller?

This forum is depressing me. Maybe I'll just stay put in my little 3rd world anarchy.

OP, do you have a permanent DNI? Anything less than that will not allow you to buy a car.

I'm surprised by your answer. Any tourist can ask for a CDI at the AFIP & buy a car. (unless something changed in the last weeks that I'm not aware of).

You can buy a car, but in BA, it's useless.
If you live in any quite big city in Argentina, use cabs and remises, then rent a quite new car once in a while if you want to discover the surrounding area.

Plan on living in the sticks and need a truck for my shotgun and shiny stuff I see along the side of the road.

:p
I'm surprised by your answer. Any tourist can ask for a CDI at the AFIP & buy a car. (unless something changed in the last weeks that I'm not aware of).

You can buy a car, but in BA, it's useless.
If you live in any quite big city in Argentina, use cabs and remises, then rent a quite new car once in a while if you want to discover the surrounding area.
and don't park the car near a villa late at night ,no matter how hot she is......... unlike someone i know....

Have truck for sale and shotgun for sale i also live in the sticks towards the boondocks half a mile east of nowhere :rolleyes:

Oops! Sorry guys, thanks for correcting my mistake. i'm going off info from a friend who is working here legally with a temporary DNI and is sooo frustrated because she has tried every last option to buy herself a car to get out to her job in Zona Norte and she told me it was absolutely impossible. Didn't mean to spread misinformation but luckily there are people more knowledgeable than me here!!! :D

I seem to remember buying a car on a temp residency in 2006, i.e during the three year period before it became permanent.

Good. Need a dodge ram 2500 4 ba 4 and a 12 gauge 870 bear gun for the puma, because 'Merikan.

Back