Buying a washer/dryer

citygirl

Registered
Anyone have any recommendations for best places/prices to buy a washer and dryer? I have the ability to put one in my apt and I'm sick of sending my clothes out & having them come back ruined, still damp or worse, not having them come back at all.

We went to Rodo's in Unicenter and it was the only place that the person knew what they were talking about and could answer all our questions! They have 2 locations they're near Fallabella...but the one is on the main floor in the corner...that had the appliances. Ask for Javier....sorry don't remember his last name, but he was good!

Not sure on their pricing...seemed about the same....some places will give you a cash discount and if buyng a washer and dryer you should just ask for a discount!

Best of luck!

If you have a credit card from Citibank Argentina, you can always get a 10% discount at HiperRodo (Cabildo in Belgrano) or Falabella, and you can pay in 12 installments without interest.

Other banks have special deals at Coto, Jumbo, and Carrefour, whose big stores carry large appliances. Most stores will discount the price by 3 - 5 % for cash. Small neighborhood stores may do a little more, but few have much stock.

Otherwise, in my experience, there's little price competition among appliance dealers. If you can find what you want in one store, the price is likely to be within a few pesos of the prices in any other store.

Rodo usually has good selection and stock. Alternatives are Garbarino, Fravega, etc.

I've heard that Coto has an outlet store out by the General Paz that offers substantial discounts on slightly-damaged goods and discontinued items. I can't find an address, but you might call their central number and ask.

citygirl said:
Anyone have any recommendations for best places/prices to buy a washer and dryer? I have the ability to put one in my apt and I'm sick of sending my clothes out & having them come back ruined, still damp or worse, not having them come back at all.

City Girl
We bought a washing machine about 8 months ago and were really limited the choices that we had because of the available size (where the water and drain was located) in our apartment. We ended up going with a Drean top loading washer and hang the clothes to dry. They delivered and setup the washer for about 30 pesos.

If you're going to want a WD that works for years and years, you might consider the more expensive but far far more reliable, Ariston brand.

Back