Buying Baby Plane Ticket At Ezieza

John1017

Registered
My wife and I bought our plane tickets to fly out next month on delta. They told us that we needed to buy the ticket for our baby at ezeizA. We are poor and couldn't afford to buy a seat for the baby so we are just going to hold her in our lap. They still charge taxes and I think 10% of the cost of a seat to carry the baby on an international flight.

Has anyone bought tickets at ezeizA? Where do we buy the tickets? If I understand correctly sometimes at international airports you don't buy tickets at the actual check in counter.

I figure we will be able to figure it out once we are there but just for some peace of mind I thought I would ask. I'm not looking forward to 10 hours of holding a baby, but it it's what it is, we also requested the a bassinet but they can't guarantee we will get one.

I'm afraid that I can't help you with the biggest question in your post. Where to get the ticket. How about sending them an email through their website, just to be sure that you understand the process correctly.

When we flew to Argentina from Australia 8 years ago we bought the tickets before the baby was born. So, when we had a baby and said baby had a passport I went to the ticketing travel agency and they added him to my ticket. He was born way late so we ended up flying when he was only three weeks old.
When we flew to Europe 4 years ago I bought the tickets directly from Iberia two days before departure. Then our second son was under two and added to my ticket when it was issued.

When you fly I would recommend a baby carrier (we used BabyBjörn) but Infanti looks pretty good now a days as well. That way you can have the baby safe without having to hold him/her all the time. He/she might get food in his/her hair, but at least not fall to the ground. Works with bigger babies as well, they can be facing forward and fidget with toys on the tray while you listen to a podcast behind.
Plan the nappy change to avoid leakage, bring baby wipes, be prepared to open (and taste) the liquid formula, if the baby is breastfed do that on take off and landing. If a nipple is flashed so be it!

There you go, you ask about one thing and you get a lot of advice about something else. That's what it's like to have a baby.

Our baby will be a month and a half. I wish we could buy a seat and take a baby seat carrier which people say is ideal but I can't spend another 1500 dollars.

I'm beginning to be an expert on flying with a baby, at least an expert at watching YouTube videos on how to fly with a baby. We're thinking we definitely need a baby carrier. We're looking at infantino. Which are 600-1000 pesos.

When you book with delta in your confirmation page you can select special needs and we are selected for infant in arms, so I think our baby is tied to our ticket and we shouldn't have any problems with buying the ticket at ezeizA. However worst nightmare would be to get to Ezieza on the day of the trip and not be able to buy the ticket. I might just call Delta again, so I can stop worrying.

I don't know Delta cabins, but people with infants on United usually book the first row in coach, where they have a crib affair that fits into the bulkhead - your baby rides in style right in front of you. It's something to ask about, and may only cost the price of the extra leg room seating.

my older son was on 40 plane trips before he was 2 years old.
When he was a baby, we just held him. The only time they actually charged us for him, he was almost two, and it was Alitalia, and, for the 10%, they gave us bulkhead seats, and a baby bed that clipped to the bulkhead.
A lot of people get obsessed with hardware for babies. We travelled all over the world with one, and then, two, carrying a car seat and a tiny folding umbrella stroller. Half the time I would just carry the kid, and put our bags in the stroller.
My sons are now 21 and 25, they turned out just fine without brand name expensive strollers, seats, carriers, and backpacks.
Both of em got slung in a balinese sarong I just tied in a loop over one shoulder for tens of thousands of miles.

Anyway, the more important thing is either easy access to mama, or, if on a bottle, extra milk. If babies can drink during takeoff and landing, they swallow, and then their ears pop, and everybody on the plane is a lot happier.

Call Delta and book the baby's ticket now. I have never heard of buying it at the airport. We have always done it in advance and as you mention the cost for a lap-child on an international flight is 10% of an adult ticket plus taxes. Don't wait on this.

I'm not sure you need a carrier for the plane. You can gate check the stroller at check in.

As @wineguy999 mentioned, get to the airport early and ask for the bulkhead row with a crib. Not all planes offer this, but it is much more likely to get this on the Argentina side than on the US side. (They tend to be better with small children traveling here.)

Try and breastfeed at takeoff and landing. We have been told that helps to relieve the pressure on the baby's ears.

And make sure you have all the documentation for your baby and yourselves. You need the red book for your marriage, passports for everyone, DNIs, etc. Paperwork is the most important and you may want to check and double-check that you have everything in order. Many people have been turned around at EZE for not having the correct paperwork for kids.

I called delta here in Argentina and they told me that the babies ticket is put in manually at the airport and it is all done at the delta check in counter at ezeiza. He reminded me to get there extra early. 9pm flight, I'm thinking of leaving house in Palermo at 4:30.

Thanks guys for responses, any other two month old international travel tips welcomed. I keep telling myself, the destination is worth the trip, focus on the destination.

I had to buy a ticket for my baby on Delta earlier this year and had to pay at EZE. On the way from the states we were never told anything until we were at the check in at the airport on the way home.

Yes, get there with plenty of time since it took a while for them to figure things out.

We were stressing before the trip too, but just relax and your baby will likely be sleeping most of the time.

Buen viaje!

Back