Buying dollars legally gets even harder now

mariposa said:
withdraw $15,000 in U.S dollars. it's our money, ok? like it's our money in buenos aires. (we earned it!) so, first i stand in line for 3 minutes. then the transaction takes another 2. i was in and out in 5 as if it were normal. hell, it IS normal!
Normal in Buenos Aires is it takes 45 minutes to take 10,000 pesos out of the bank and you pray that you will make it home without being robbed at gun point.

gsi16386 said:
I can't believe I'm reading this...not so bad? So you go to the black market to purchase the rest of your dollars, that means you lose 10-12% of the value of your hard work, which in essence means 10-12% of your time spent at work you're working for nothing. Not so bad?? It's an absolute travesty for the hardworking Argentine people.

Probably still better than losing the 40% or so over the course of a year if you left it in Argentina pesos. Still sucks, I know.

JHB1216 said:
Normal in Buenos Aires is it takes 45 minutes to take 10,000 pesos out of the bank and you pray that you will make it home without being robbed at gun point.
For 10K pesos you don't get robbed. You get shot, then robbed.

duanestorey said:
Probably still better than losing the 40% or so over the course of a year if you left it in Argentina pesos. Still sucks, I know.

Well, no shit. lol You missed the point of the argument.

It is true, "la caja" is empty, both in pesos and dollars. But this is not the way to solve the problem.
The logical answer would be to acknoledge that mistakes were made and make the necessary changes to correct the situation.
But SHE is so arrogant that would NEVER do this. She would rather sink the Argentine Republic into the Atlantic Ocean than change the course.
As an historic reference only (and no personal accusation), Hitler Minister of economy advised him to stop or reduce the militarist race he started against the Western powers. This would bring war and the ruin of Germany, he profesized. He was sacked in 1937 (the only Reich minister to suffer this fate, and later on sent to Dachau). And the rest is history, as they say.

TheBlackHand said:
is it really robbery if you're already dead ?

No then the robbers are just doing the dead a favor by relieving them of their burden!

One thing's for sure though, no matter which way you look at it, in Argentina, its always the fault of the dead guy!

My friend was telling me that it's not 25% on your salary but rather 25% after living costs are calculated. So if you earned 6000, they would say 4000 are needed to pay bills etc. meaning you would be allowed to change 25% of the remaining 2000. I can't confirm this as I've taken my limit for the month. Good luck anyone trying to buy us$ and try not to get shot!

Back