Buying From Ebay

chris

Registered
An Argentine friend would like to buy something from ebay (a tablet : Asus T 100 about 279 dollars plus 67 for delivery) but doesn't know if it can be sent to Argentina. How does this work? Also could she send it to Uruguay? How does it work there? Anyone have any experience with this?

Do not try to send technology into the corrupt rogue country of Argentina it will only get stolen by the thief's in customs.

It's not a good idea to have these things sent here, ever. It's probably better in Uruguay, but I believe you must pay a fee, unless the sender specifies that the package contains gifts or personal items.

There is a form on the afip website. She has to put in her codigo fiscal and then fill out the form and pay the duties. With that she can go pick it up at the post office. I think fedex and dhl have a way to prepay the duties so you can get it to your door

If you're prepared to wait 4 months and then stand in a queue at Retiro post office all day with the chance that your parcel has already been opened and the contents removed then go for it.
We gave up a long time ago which is why none of our parents can send Birthday presents to our children as most never arrived and if they did they had been opened with items missing.
The price you pay for 'fiefdom'

yes buy it ship it for free to a usa address to a friend or your family member-- then have them bring it for him.. he can give them the 67 dollars for the trouble of bringing it.... that is about the best way.... sad but true...

yes buy it ship it for free to a usa address to a friend or your family member-- then have them bring it for him.. he can give them the 67 dollars for the trouble of bringing it.... that is about the best way.... sad but true...

That pretty much sums it so to say.

An Argentine friend would like to buy something from ebay (a tablet : Asus T 100 about 279 dollars plus 67 for delivery) but doesn't know if it can be sent to Argentina. How does this work? Also could she send it to Uruguay? How does it work there? Anyone have any experience with this?

I suggest you read what happened to me, dont send anything of value to this country.

http://baexpats.org/topic/32615-correo-where-can-i-read-the-laws-is-it-a-crime-sis/

Back