Buying New Furniture...but Where?

NickF

Registered
I'm looking to furnish a studio apartment in Palermo Hollywood. It's a short term rental -- got such good advice on where to advertise it on a previous post, I'm going to the BAexpats well again! Any suggestions on good furniture places, ideally with good prices. Looking for furniture that's modern, stylish, suitable for modern-type apartment. Will probably go to design center, but don't know if there are other places with similar design feel in Palermo Hollywood or Palermo Soho or other places that good and possibly with better prices. Anyone have any recommendations???

Thanks!!

You have Arenales street that has a lot of (pricey) and modern furniture. Lets say from Pueyrredon to Callao, or maybe more.
Thats in Recoleta, with Recoleta prices to recoletean people.
And you also have Avenida Belgrano, from Jujuy to Entre Rios, there you will find much more, more cheaper, and great variety. I dont know the quality though.

We recently bought furniture in a variety of places, the only thing which I would recommend is to subscribe to Club La Nacion. We get the paper at weekends and use of the discount card. We got 25% of a relatively expensive sofa which has covered the cost of the subscription and more.

This was from Vivendi in Buenos Aires design.

I have gotten stuff all over, but I prefer reclaimed wood mixed with modern stuff. Los Diaz de Mario http://losdiazdemario.blogspot.com.ar/ is one where I have gotten things I like and he can do custom things too.

My house is a block from Los Diaz de Mario. I furnished my living and dining room and guest quarters almost exclusively from his store. He made me things to order as well. He brought everything to my house.

I like the style, it's refreshingly unique in contrast to most modern furniture that reminds me of trendy hotel lobbies.

My house is a block from Los Diaz de Mario. I furnished my living and dining room and guest quarters almost exclusively from his store. He made me things to order as well. He brought everything to my house.

I like the style, it's refreshingly unique in contrast to most modern furniture that reminds me of trendy hotel lobbies.
Mariposa,
If you like Mario's stuff also check out Jose Presentado Maderas de Campo y Herreria. General Martinez 50 CABA Mercado de las Pulgas Loc145. Tel 1552887634
He does similar things as Mario, he also has good prices and also custom made, refinish and re-purposes almost anything.
He takes a lot of designs from Architectural Digest and he can copy Restoration Hardware perfectly for 25% of the price.
Both of these guys work well and in the old fashioned solid wood designs. Argentina might have bad electro-domestics, but it has great furnishings.

Back