CABA eliminated the tax on credit cards

jantango

Registered
As of 9/3/2023 we eliminated the tax on credit cards. Beginning in April you will no longer see it in your card statement. If it continues to appear, contact your bank or contact the Consumer Defense.

As of 9/3/2023 we eliminated the tax on credit cards. Beginning in April you will no longer see it in your card statement. If it continues to appear, contact your bank or contact the Consumer Defense.
I'm planning to host a small workshop that'll teach people how to create awesome HTML links and give your posts some extra oomph with supporting references.

...to eliminate the 1.2% stamp tax on credit cards...
Their generosity knows no bounds.

This will be part of the CABA government's plan to eliminate inflation 🤣 I do wish they would focus on doing the job they were actually elected to do...

Just out of curiosity, was this tax only charged to locals on their local Argentine credit cards? Was the tax just added on to gross purchases? Did this really affect foreign credit cards?

I started the thread to share the information. I haven't had a credit card in decades. If I don't have the money, I can't spend it.

I've been trying without success to convince the consorcio administrators to open a free account at Banco Ciudad. The current liquidation indicates an expense of $5.154 with Banco Itau. We never receive copies of the bank statements for transparency and the consorcio is insolvent for two years.

I've been trying without success to convince the consorcio administrators to open a free account at Banco Ciudad.
Any Argentinean bank offers a basic combo of a savings account and a debit card free of charge since 2016. I am talking about a normal account, not the "Cuenta Gratuita Universal". Therefore, Banco Ciudad is not exceptional in any manner.

Caja de ahorros comparison

(Select "Caja de ahorros" from the dropdown).

Last edited:
Back