Caesar - Cesar - Cesare Salad and Dark Roast Coffee beans

Finally, I'm receiving offers by a roaster, Padre Coffee, for a special Dark Roast coffee roast starting at 1/4 kilo.
Beans vailable from three different high altitude origins: Valle de Cauca Columbia, Costa Rica and Ethiopia.

Does anyone have an interest in joining in an order for Dark Roast coffee?
I would request the roaster make delivery as whole beans.
For anyone wanting ground beans instead of whole beans I have a professional coffee grinder with variable settings from 1 to 10.
Can grind to suit.

i'd like to, except i already have about 6 or 7kg of coffee at home that i brought from the US. my good friend has a coffee roasting business :)

Le Pain Quotidien
give it a try for the beans. At least it's organic. I just bring mine from the old country, coffee here is just a parody...
I finally got around to asking if they are selling coffee beans at Le Pain Quotidien. The answer was no, not now, but I was told they did sell them in the past - so you were correct to wonder.
All the new additions on the menu, breakfast and lunch plus wine by the glass, plus ambience at the one in Recoleta Mall and good fresh coffee makes them a favorite.

Well, here it is fellow seekers of Caesar salads, pic attached. By dint of necessity from the home kitchen with all the bells and whistles, croutons not withstanding and next time. Fresh bread courtesy of Le Pain Quotiden. Fabulous with a crispy Sauvignon blanc.
As expats know some things you love, you just have to make yourself. Dead easy really once you've assembled the ingredients from local markets.
I'm going to close my search for Caesar salads in BA, convinced the real one doesn't exist.
As Monty Python said about ruling India and Curry, now that we have the recipe.... ;-) jaja.
Meanwhile the search for a dark roast coffee of merit in BA goes on.
Hail Caesar!!
It looks good but a "real" caesar uses romaine lettuce.

For a good dark roast get the Brazilian Portebello at Establecimiento General de Café, Juncal and Araoz and other locations.

T/

It looks good but a "real" caesar uses romaine lettuce.
For a good dark roast get the Brazilian Portebello at Establecimiento General de Café, Juncal and Araoz and other locations.
T/
Strange, it was real Romaine lettuce when I shredded the leaves by hand and put in bowl with salad dressing. I wonder what happened.

Thanks for the recommend of Portebello. I tried it some time ago but didn't pan out. Looking a darker roast.

Having resolved the Caesar salad issue in Buenos Aires, as in learn how to make your own and have your Caesar salads at home, 'cause Argentine chefs remain resolute in perverting Caesar's salad. I'm waving the white flag.
But in dark roasted coffee, it gets better. I think it was wineguy who recommended the little known Padre Coffee Roasting out in the Plaza Italia area on the street Jorge Luis Borges 2008. They'll dark roast a 1/4 Kg of Columbian or Costa Rican or Ethiopian beans and deliver! I went today to set things up with them and wow, what a great place in a terrific neighborhood of leafy streets, loads of cafes and small bars. Taxi driver identified it as Palermo Antigua. Padre Coffee itself is a lively, attractive place with their roasting equipment up front windows and it's obvious they're into coffee there. Like a Peet's coffee in San Francisco or the early joints in Seattle. It's hard to understand why this place doesn't get talked up, at all. Years ago there was a similar coffee roasting cafe place on Pueyreddon that closed. Padre Coffee is very much like it.
Looking forward to getting my dark roasted Columbian early next week.

Padre was a cool place, pretty good food too. We had a pub chat there a year or so ago.

Correction it was "Another" that recommended Padre Coffee Roasting. Thank you Another.

Correction it was "Another" that recommended Padre Coffee Roasting. Thank you Another.
UW, glad it worked out. It's fairly new, there used to be a veggie / butcher shop there owned by a father and son. When the father died, the son either sold or rented the place, and it was completely redone - that's where the name came from - in honour of his father...Don't remember exactly when it opened, have been living in the barrio for so long that I lost track, but for sure not more than 5 years ago, may be even less. It does have a good feel, not pretentious and not overpriced, tranqui. It's actually Palermo Soho, also called Viejo sometimes, there is no 'Antiguo'...:)

Back