Caffeine Overload?

I am a caffeine addict and nobody comes near me until after my first coffee. Mate gets me completely wired and gives me the shakes and generally makes me feel on edge. I like the taste but I´m not a fan of the effect it has on me.

Oh how interesting - mate does the exact opposite for me. Def gives me energy (and bonus, kills hunger :) but I don't have any side effects from it. Whereas after my 2nd cup of coffee in the a.m., I get a little nauseous from the caffeine.

I LOVE mate - but I don't put any sugar or that stuff in it. I find it keeps me energized but in a good way, not a frantic bouncing off the walls way. I used to be a coffee junkie and lived on it, but once I switched to mate, I find it rough on my stomach.

While they seem to love coffee this country knows nothing about it. You are most likely to get instant coffee (an insult to anyone who ever tried the real thing).

Mate on the other hand is a great substitute if you don't get altered by it (know of a few that drinking it will make them nervous). I personally enjoy it a lot and it's one of my dearest memories of my Argentina stay. Specially if you have a couple of local friends that invite you to drink it on a park, on a sunny afternoon. Time flies and chatting never ends.

I bring my coffee from Costa Rica when I visit my mom. :)

It´s easy to remember C is for Caffeine found in coffee, T is for tanine found in tea and taurine found in a bulls scrotum, M is for mateine found in sherba mate which is also the food containing the highest source of anti-oxidents, so drink up and give those free radicals the bash!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Expat Life 2